At Signal we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
We have just completed our $25 million Series C funding round, bringing our total funding to date to $43 million. This latest funding round is led by Redline Capital with participation from existing investors including MMC Ventures, GMG Ventures and Hearst Ventures
About the role - Who are you?
We are currently seeking a qualified lawyer (approximately 5 years PQE, as a guide only) to join our UK office. You will work closely with both the Head of Legal and VP of Finance, based in London and be part of the Legal team consisting of one UK and one US lawyer.
Signal has experienced significant growth in the last year and we are looking for someone who is excited about supporting the development of the legal department in the UK. A key focus for the role will be the commercial contract work generated by our sales team. Strong contract drafting, editing and negotiation skills are therefore a must. However, this is a varied role requiring someone that can ‘turn their hand’ to the typical legal matters covered by in-house legal. This opportunity would suit a self-motivated person, with strong commercial contract experience and who enjoys working in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
While this is a UK based role, you will also have the opportunity to support the Head of Legal with matters arising in our other territories (US and Hong Kong) as and when required.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious, motivated person who is looking to develop their career within a fun work environment and as part of a great team and we would love to hear from you.
Role responsibilities - What will you do?
- Work closely with the UK sales team to support them in drafting and negotiating contracts with clients and suppliers;
- Draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers;
- Support the UK business in the areas of Commercial, Corporate, Employment and Property law (predominantly focused on commercial contracts);
- Be a good communicator that understands how to manage the client's / team’s expectations;
- Proactively identify relevant new areas of legislation and arising risk areas;
- Develop the knowledge of less experienced team members;
- Provide expert and pragmatic advice and support on all legal issues across the UK business; and
- Be confident working with a large degree of autonomy.
- A UK qualified lawyer;
- Experience working in private practice;
- At least 1-2 years previous in-house experience;
- Experience working in a technology environment;
- Experience working as part of an international organization is a plus; and
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS company is a plus.
All benefits will be pro-rata
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Enhanced Maternity Policy
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Company MacBook & Apple equipment