Delivery Lead, Propel
(Deadline: 13th February 2020)
Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Managing Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: UK - Flexible with the ability to travel to London
- Unlimited Holiday Allowance
- Workplace Pension
- Health & Wellbeing Package
- Better Workplace Fund
Polar Insight is looking for an ambitious individual to take responsibility for the smooth running of our flagship service, Propel, which helps government suppliers use research to understand and design services for a range of communities and citizens from across the UK. Recent communities that we’ve engaged with include refugees, veterans and police applicants.
In charge of our portfolio of projects, you will be the key point of contact between our customers and network of research consultants, helping to successfully coordinate both parties and deliver the best outcome for our clients.
Working closely with the Managing Director, you will also play a critical operations role in the business at a key period in the company’s growth, embedding important infrastructure and repeatable, teachable ways of working that customers, research consultants and your teammates will love.
Experience delivering robust research projects to tight timeframes is a must for this role, as is the ability to cultivate customer confidence through common sense problem solving and a strong work ethic. Experience of coordinating workflows and allocating resources is preferred.
While this role will involve overseeing research projects, as well as managing timelines and resources, to deliver research outcomes, it will not involve direct research tasks e.g. recruitment, facilitation, survey scripting etc. As a result, research knowledge and experience is highly preferred but will be measured in addition to operational and project-based experience.
Finally, technology permeates everything we do. We’d love you to advise us on which technologies, platforms and methodologies we should be using to achieve the best outcomes for our people and clients.
The Skills, Traits & Competencies We Believe Are Most Important For This Role:
- Communication skills (verbal)
- Communication skills (written)
- People-driven management
- Situational awareness
- Attention to detail
- Environmental awareness
- Responding flexibly
- Financial awareness
- Showing initiative
- Organisational sensitivity
- Planning and organising
- Monitoring progress
- Managing conflict
A Successful Delivery Lead at Polar Insight…
- Serves as a bridge between our clients and our research community, using your expertise to identify suitable talent and guide clients toward a successful outcome.
- Applies common sense and an eye for quality to constantly create a better experience for everyone taking part in our projects.
- Protects our research consultants and suppliers and makes sure they are collaborating, communicating and focusing on what is most important.
- Develops, maintains and improves systems and processes that help us to grow.
- Coaches team members and others to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Applies the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques relevant to different situations.
- Manages dependencies, overcomes obstacles and gets the best value for money against constraints.
- Anticipates and manages project risks to deliver a seamless service at all times.
Specific Measures of Success
Customer & Consultant Experience - Customer Retention - Account Growth - Profit Per Project
We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – please let us know as early as you can and we’ll do our best to help.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a short 30-sec video introducing yourself, a few paragraphs on why you believe you are a good match for the role as well as an up-to-date CV by Thursday 13th February 2020.
Interviews may be requested before this if suitable candidates are identified ahead of the deadline.