Do you want to help shape local democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced yet collaborative environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab is a Brussels-based social impact scale-up that aims to improve democracy for the digital era. The SaaS platform is already being used by 125 cities and municipalities in 8 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between local governments and its citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave 250.000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. After recently having raised a significant funding round, CitizenLab is looking for mission-driven talent to join on its mission to have 2,5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities all over the world.
Digital Marketer at CitizenLab
As a digital marketer, you will be part of our three-person marketing team. Your role is to adapt SEO to different markets, to optimise our content strategy accordingly, to scale our paid campaigns and help optimise website conversions. You will play a key role in helping us grow leads across new markets - in Europe and the United States.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Grow organic traffic to our website & platforms through SEO.
- Design, test, and scale digital marketing campaigns across channels, incl. social media, SEM, email, etc.
- Monitor and report on marketing campaign budgets and performance.
- Identify trends and insights in civic tech or from our customers, and optimize campaigns based on these insights.
- Assist with the website management across languages and markets, and run website experiments to improve conversions.
- Brainstorm on new, creative growth strategies. Within the marketing team, we test, fail, repeat, succeed.
What do we expect from you?
You like working in a small and agile team with a strong bias for action—we ideate, we experiment, we learn. You are curious, open-minded, and you proactively search for new insights in the field of digital democracy. Besides, you are eager to learn quickly and recognise yourself in the following profile:
- Demonstrable +2y experience in digital marketing, and SEO in particular.
- Excellent familiarity with email, social, and search engine marketing channels.
- Experience working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics to drive decision-making.
- Ability to run experiments on the site (Webflow), on landing pages, and through marketing channels.
- Ability to work within a budget and calculate the customer acquisition costs for the experiments you are running.
- Native or very proficient in English. Dutch, French, or other European languages are a plus.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +125 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to scaleup. We're in an exciting, rapid-growth phase.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic and international team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. :)
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results. We're in it together.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, or bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.