Here at graze we’re on a never-ending hunt for tastier, crunchier, fresher, better snacking. Why? Because we want to help people enjoy healthy living every day. We think snacks made with seriously tasty, wholesome ingredients and lots of imagination is a good place to start.
After all, it’s what’s helped us become one of the market leaders. Now part of the Unilever family, we remain true to our nimble, tech-led beginnings to find ways to grow our multi-channel brand within the healthy snacking market.
We’re a bunch of like-minded people but we’re not all the same. We’re a diverse lot with different experiences and backgrounds but, like our snacks, we combine to make something wonderful. You can be yourself, feel like you belong, as you’d like to belong.
the role, R&D and Nutrition Manager (9-12 month Maternity Cover)...
As part of the marketing team, you are responsible for driving graze’s health agenda, making sure that all our products meet our health standards, reformulating those that don’t and communicating our health promise to relevant parties (consumers, retailers, government bodies).
what you’ll be responsible for...
Health & nutrition of our range:
- Review and update graze’s health tramlines across the portfolio to ensure that they are competitive and in line with consumer expectations
- Be up to date with developments in the health space - new ingredients, competitor reformulations, new guidelines, retailer requirements etc
- Support the innovation team in defining relevant health claims for new launches
Implementation of R&D projects...
Lead the implementation of R&D projects in our range, e.g. sat fat, sugar and salt reduction, in collaboration with the product development team
Health & nutrition champion...
- represent graze and our health & nutrition stance with government bodies, at industry conferences and retailer meetings
- Develop and provide nutrition education and training for internal teams
- Collaborate with the brand team to identify and develop consumer comms promoting the health benefits of our range
what we’re looking for in you...
- Strong foundation in the food manufacturing / food retail / food ingredients industry with experience in product development and nutrition - we are looking for someone who knows the theory of health & nutrition but also has experience in making it happen (i.e. developing products)
- Excellent sensory skills, a passion for food and understanding of food trends
- Confident in presenting recommendations to senior stakeholders and external parties, e.g. retailers
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage / prioritise multiple projects requiring high attention to detail and intense deadlines
- An inquisitive and entrepreneurial nature with a determination to get the right answers
what we’ll expect in your first 6 months...
- Become the go to person when it comes to graze’s health & nutrition stance
- Deliver a major R&D project to improve the health of our flapjack range
- Share graze’s health ambition at relevant retailer meetings
- Deliver relevant health messaging & content to our consumers in collaboration with the brand team
what’s in it for you?...
- Imagine being part of a company that always looks for growth areas in retail, online and even new geographies. You’ll pick up new skills and experiences, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level.
- You’ll be responsible for leading cutting edge health projects across our portfolio
- We encourage active learning with learning lunches, networking events or more formal qualifications
- At the risk of blowing our own trumpet, there’s some seriously smart, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people at graze HQ!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around each of us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest. And we wouldn’t have it any other way. Bring yourself to work!
- Tons of activities to join including yoga, HIIT classes, touch rugby, team breakfasts, bi-weekly massages and we also have paid volunteering and health days each year.
- Great team socials! Quarterly events, Friday drinks and much more.