What we’re doing
We are solving a huge problem. Businesses that sell on payment terms struggle to get their invoices paid on time. SMEs in the UK alone are owed £225bn in overdue invoices. Our Founder's qualified Accountant and Finance Director experience led him to conclude that there must be a better way to carry out the essential business process of credit control to tackle this problem. We are helping SMEs avoid business failure and have the money in their bank accounts to grow faster.
We are developing and delivering a market-leading SaaS solution; powered by big data-informed insights, automation and artificial intelligence. We are transforming a process that has seen minimal technological innovation to date. In doing so we are helping businesses make better decisions about who to grant credit to, take the best chasing actions to boost their cash flow and save time.
Our progress to date
We’re really proud of the impact our product is making: an average 16 debtor day reduction equivalent to a cashflow boost of $22k for each $500k of payment terms turnover. Money that a business is then free to invest in growth; in creating new jobs.
We were delighted to be named as one of the Future 50 of Britain’s most disruptive new businesses and also receive their Friend To Business award. We are incredibly proud to have been recognised as Xero's App Partner of the Year in 2016, from among their 700+ app ecosystem. We won the AccountingWEB Software Excellence Cloud App of the Year Award in 2017, 2018 and 2019 up against other finalists Stripe, iZettle and GoCardless.
We are fortunate to be backed by top venture capital and angel investors. We are growing rapidly, so now is a fantastic time to join, replete with brilliant opportunities for impact and personal growth.
We are an open, dedicated and focused team. We’ve never built a company before. We know there are lots of things we don’t know. And we’re incredibly excited about working with great people to figure them out.
We believe in providing great people with the freedom and empowerment to flourish. We are humble and meritocratic. We care about the quality of ideas. Not where they came from. At the same time, we set the bar really high for ourselves. This is the only way we will be successful in our wildly ambitious mission.
We can only achieve our mission by working with truly spectacular people. From experience, these will be people who are motivated by the prospect of being instrumental in building something really important, and who are drawn by the unrivalled opportunity for personal learning and growth they will have at Chaser.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious Commercial Director to join our rapidly growing team. Having been a company of 6 people at the start of 2018, we finished 2019 as a team of 21 and are growing fast. As the Commercial Director, you will own responsibility for our revenue growth. You will be responsible for the customer and partner (Accountants & Bookkeepers) journey at Chaser. The focus will be ensuring the end to end journey is understood, thinking about new markets & solutions, making data-driven decisions and delivering the UKs premium credit control solution to 1000’s of SME’s.
The role will be responsible for all revenue generating activities across demand generation, marketing, sales, success and revenue operations. You will manage our Sales and Success teams and our Head of Marketing will report in to you in respect of demand generation. You will be a member of our leadership team determining the direction of this business.
This role offers an unrivalled opportunity to place your stamp on how this company and team runs; to truly transform how we work. Reporting into our Founder & CEO, you will be based in our London head office, currently located in London Bridge, opposite Borough Market. Your responsibilities will include: :
- The Chaser go-to-market approach — from demand generation to sales and renewals
- Creating the ‘Chaser Way’ - the playbook across marketing, sales and success
- Managing and motivating our Marketing, Sales & Success teams to effectively execute on that playbook. You will be responsible for setting the right targets and ensuring they have the right skills to hit them
- Building our revenue operations. You will own revenue operations across marketing, sales, and success, and have a deep knowledge of the processes and systems that enable them
- Bringing to bear a data-driven approach across customer acquisition cost to channel conversion, product features, value delivered, customer feedback, churn, and efficacy of internal processes
- Market intelligence — creating a process to distil, organise, and prioritise new product, feature, partner, and competitive information for the product team
- Working with David, our CEO, on defining new markets, product strategy and pricing
Skills and Experience
- Have a proven track record of building out and managing marketing, sales and success
- Possess a systems thinking mindset that you will deploy in building our commercial machine
- Be target focused
- Have experience of growing and developing multi-functional teams so they are delivering to targets
- Be adept at working cross functionally - the ability to work effectively with our Product and Operations teams is key to this role
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous share options allocation
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
For more information on Chaser, our vision, and what we are doing, please see here.