What we’re doing
We are solving a huge problem. Businesses that sell on payment terms struggle to get their invoices paid on time. SMEs in the UK alone are owed £225bn in overdue invoices. Our Founder's qualified Accountant and Finance Director experience led him to conclude that there must be a better way to carry out the essential business process of credit control to tackle this problem. We are helping SMEs avoid business failure and have the money in their bank accounts to grow faster.
We are developing and delivering a market-leading SaaS solution; powered by big data-informed insights, automation and artificial intelligence. We are transforming a process that has seen minimal technological innovation to date. In doing so we are helping businesses make better decisions about who to grant credit to, take the best chasing actions to boost their cash flow and save time.
Our progress to date
We’re really proud of the impact our product is making: an average 16 debtor day reduction equivalent to a cashflow boost of $22k for each $500k of payment terms turnover. Money that a business is then free to invest in growth; in creating new jobs.
We were delighted to be named as one of the Future 50 of Britain’s most disruptive new businesses and also receive their Friend To Business award. We are incredibly proud to have been recognised as Xero's App Partner of the Year in 2016, from among their 700+ app ecosystem. We won the AccountingWEB Software Excellence Cloud App of the Year Award in 2017, 2018 and 2019 up against other finalists Stripe, iZettle and GoCardless.
We are fortunate to be backed by top venture capital and angel investors. We are growing rapidly, so now is a fantastic time to join, replete with brilliant opportunities for impact and personal growth.
We are an open, dedicated and focused team. We’ve never built a company before. We know there are lots of things we don’t know. And we’re incredibly excited about working with great people to figure them out.
We believe in providing great people with the freedom and empowerment to flourish. We are humble and meritocratic. We care about the quality of ideas. Not where they came from. At the same time, we set the bar really high for ourselves. This is the only way we will be successful in our wildly ambitious mission.
We can only achieve our mission by working with truly spectacular people. From experience, these will be people who are motivated by the prospect of being instrumental in building something really important, and who are drawn by the unrivalled opportunity for personal learning and growth they will have at Chaser.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a tenacious Operations Manager to join our rapidly growing team. Having been a team of 6 people at the start of 2018, we were a team of 22 at the end of 2019 and are growing fast. As Operations Manager, you will be our sole dedicated Operations team member. You will have the opportunity to shape how we work effectively as a team as we grow.
This role is not for the faint-hearted. But for the right candidate it will offer an unrivaled opportunity to place their stamp on how this company and team runs; to truly transform how we work. Reporting into our Founder & CEO, you will be based in our London head office, currently located in London Bridge, opposite Borough Market. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the different functions and teams within Chaser to ensure there are effective processes and communication channels running throughout the company. Continuously identifying opportunities to improve existing processes and implementing those improvements
- HR admin. For example our processes for team training and for holiday and absence logging
- Recruitment. Optimising, standardising and managing our recruitment process across all different functions such that we access the best quality candidates for the roles we're hiring for and run as swift and successful a recruitment process as possible
- Optimising and creating an effective onboarding process for new team members
- Legal. Including managing all team member contracts and related issues, intellectual property filings and applications, managing our compliance with data and privacy regulations and managing all team member share options and related filings
- Finance. Including managing our day-to-day bookkeeping, monthly payroll, insurance, team member expense policy and processing those expenses, along with identifying opportunities for and leading our applications for grant funding
- We are a partially remote team. Alongside ensuring that we work and communicate effectively together, you will also be responsible for organising team onsites where the whole team get together. You will be responsible for managing associated travel, accommodation and activities during the onsite
- Overseeing all internal systems we use (e.g. Zoom, Slack and Front). Making sure we are paying the most competitive rates and that we are using the best systems for the relevant jobs
- Managing our London office (currently desks at a co-working space). You will be responsible for project managing any future office moves
- Equipment requirements - ensuring our team have the equipment they need to do their jobs and we are paying the most competitive rates for it
- likely be someone that other people describe as "high energy" and a "people person"
- be a hyper detail orientated person, who brings solutions to the table, as opposed to just problems
- have very strong time management and prioritisation skills. There will be a huge number of balls to juggle in this role
- be someone who, whilst they don't court conflict, is comfortable telling people no. You won't shy away from having the difficult conversations that will inevitably be necessary for this role where requisite processes are not being followed/need to change be proactive and opportunistic
- be someone who thrives on taking ownership and responsibility be extremely ambitious
- love learning (fast!) and personal development. You will be comfortable (well, as comfortable as it’s possible to be!) learning through trial and error. And when those errors happen, as they inevitably will, be able to lean in to learn from them fully
- not need to be an amateur netless tightrope walker, but you will be comfortable with the need to take risks in the role
- have excellent written communication skills
- have excellent spoken communication skills, both in-person and over the phone
- be someone who thrives working in a high-speed environment
- be excited about working as part of a small, tight-knit team
- Above all, you take your work seriously and take pride in doing not just good, but great work
For more information on Chaser, our vision, and what we are doing, please see here.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours