One-to-one tuition is proven to significantly improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. MyTutor’s mission is to bring life-changing tuition to all. Our handpicked network of tutors work online with pupils from all walks of life, and we’ve given over a quarter of a million lessons so far – raising results on average by one whole grade.
We’re proud of the fact that over 400 schools have also chosen to work with us. And that we’ve earned a Trustpilot rating of 9.4/10. We understand the hectic lives of families with teenagers, and our flexible lesson times mean parents can juggle schedules more easily.
On our website, it’s simple to find a tutor your child gets on with – and every lesson is tailored to their needs. Also, by having lessons via live video, pupils can access the best tutors no matter where they live or when they need help. No travelling for Mum and Dad, no waiting around, no strangers in your home. Pupils can have their lessons anywhere – at Grandma’s, at a friend’s house or on holiday, so there’s no disruption in the run-up to exams. Tuition is now more affordable and accessible, making life less stressful for busy parents doing their best.
About the role
You’ll be joining our passionate, ambitious Customer Success Team in an exciting, fast-paced & high-growth environment. We pride ourselves on amazing customer experience at MyTutor with over 95% of our reviews at 5* and some great feedback on Trustpilot as well as close relationships with our partner schools. As a Customer Success Associate, you’ll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! You’ll be the face of MyTutor, and the main way our customers communicate with us.
No previous experience working in education is necessary; we have amazing in-house specialists and top talent from the industry to train you!
What you’ll do
- Communicate in a frank and friendly manner with our customers to provide effective support and gain a deep understanding of the experience of our users and their pain-points when using MyTutor.
- Solve queries from our users over the phone, through personal-touch emails or rapid response live chat.
- Liaise between parents, students and pupils where necessary to resolve issues and ensure the smooth running of lessons.
- Be a proactive member of the team by acting on customer feedback and suggesting new ways to improve our customer experience with the whole company.
- Be the voice for our excellent tutors and ensure that they have the right tools to do their job effectively with ease.
- Be open to change and keen to try new ways of working to support team efficiency.
- Be resilient! Some days are busier than others, you’ll have the ability to prioritise, divide and conquer.
What we’re looking for
- You’ll be at ease empathising with the needs of parents, pupils and tutors, and feel driven to help.
- You’ll learn quickly, work hard and enjoy finding quicker and more effective ways of solving problems.
- You’ll be excited about our forward-looking product and the support that we offer parents and students across the UK.
- A natural phone manner and sound written communication skills.
- You’ll have a passion for customer service and always looking for new ways to maintain and improve our customer experience.
- You’ll have experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to keep a cool head when life gets busy!
- This is a 6-month position and we’re looking for someone to work either in the office or remote for 3-5 days a week, including weekend cover.
- Competitive salary
- Fun and relaxed working environment in Shoreditch
- Help to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people
- Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair
- A work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support
- Training and investment in your learning
- Tuesday breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
MyTutor is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and have set up our own EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) committee who host regular events to make sure we live up to those values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered.
Get in touch with your CV and a few paragraphs on why you’re interested in working with us.