At LabGenius, we’re building a platform to discover revolutionary medicines using machine learning. The work we do will positively impact humanity and fundamentally change scientific discovery forever!
We are an international team who love learning and are curious about the world. We have exciting growth plans for the next 18 months and are looking for an enthusiastic Operations and Finance Manager to join us on our mission!
If you’re looking to work in a dynamic environment, where high standards are celebrated, then this is the role for you!
As a self-starter, you’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of a variety of projects and responsibilities, from book-keeping, controlling, management accounting and reporting, to supplier relations, facility management, and being the main point of contact for all guests.
You will report to the Head of Finance and Operations and will quickly become an integral addition to the team.
The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to grow with the company as we scale, and has a big interest in operations and finance. Through your keen eye for detail and excellent time management, you will add value by always being one step ahead, ensuring our office is a pleasurable place to spend time.
What you’ll do in this role.
- Office management: You’ll be the main contributor in making our office an awesome place to be. Along with being the first face all our guests see, you will manage the intercom for deliveries, collect and open all post, answer the office phone, help set up meeting rooms, and ensure stocks are replenished with a range of tasty snacks!
- Supplier relationships: You will be the designated person to liaise with all suppliers for the company. From organising weekly team lunches to handling communications with the internet provider; you’ll keep the business running like clockwork.
- Bookkeeping: You will process expenses, reconcile bills and make sure all transactions are correctly classified in Xero. You understand the importance of recording all financial transactions.
- Management accounting: You will prepare monthly management accounts and support the Head of Finance & Operations in conducting ad hoc financial analyses.
- Reporting: You will help with preparing monthly and quarterly reports for investors.
- Payments: You’ll be responsible for setting up payments and making sure all bills are paid on time.
- Controlling: You will track actual vs budget spending.
- Financial accounting: You will liaise with our external accountants and assist in the preparation of VAT returns and annual accounts. You'll love noodling around a spreadsheet, and pride yourself on your Excel proficiency.
What we’re looking for from you.
- You will have experience in working with Xero.
- You will be skilled in Excel.
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or partly-qualified accountant, or have a BSc in Finance and/or Accounting.
- You will have strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- You’ll be a fast learner and able to adapt easily. We’re a startup so a flexible approach is essential.
- You'll be a major self-starter. You dive in, see what needs to be done and go for it.
- You are enthusiastic, with a positive attitude. We’re a friendly bunch who enjoy spending time together.
- You’ll get a thrill from improving processes and procedures to increase efficiency.
What you’ll receive from us.
Aside from being part of our brilliant, purpose-driven team, you'll also enjoy:
- Flexible working arrangements: whether you’re a night owl or a morning lark, with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Easy access to on-site gym and climbing wall to break a sweat or indulge your inner monkey.
- Monthly 1-on-1 coaching from Sanctus: because we need to look after our minds as well as our bodies.
- Self-service study budget via Sunlight plus books, courses, and events; we encourage personal development in any form. Basically, we heart learning.
- Weekly team lunches from City Pantry: the perfect time to connect over kebabs, natter over nachos, or cackle over curry.
- Access to the Cycle To Work scheme: to make your commute cheaper, healthier, and a whole lot greener!
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please make sure you include a solid cover letter that shows your enthusiasm for operations and finance, and for LabGenius' work!