Role: Junior Data Scientist/ Software Engineer
Location: London UK
Metadvice is a global healthcare technology startup utilizing the power of technology and advances in medical science to enable a future where everyone can live longer healthier lives. The Metadvice platform combines the latest clinical guidelines, augmented with insights from AI-based analyses of past decisions, to improve the quality, consistency and personalization of clinical decision making.
We are looking for a talented Junior Data Scientist/Software Engineer who can bring skill, imagination and passion to our team.
Be a key part of an engineering and data science team specialising in pharma and clinically focused applications of machine learning models in precision medicine. We work with leading healthcare organisations and on a global scale, including operations in UK, Switzerland and the US. Through this work you will get excellent exposure and opportunities to learn and grow within the role and company.
- Work closely with founders, clinical experts and data scientists developing models and tools for analysis and optimization of treatment strategies for complex diseases including various cancers
- Participate in research and treatment optimization projects based on the analysis of clinical data
- Play an important part in development and commercialization of Metadvice knowledge base
- Proficiency in applied math including statistics, optimization and modelling of linear and non linear processes
- 2+ years of Python programming.
- Experience with Tensorflow and Scikit Learn; Experience with ML frameworks (neural networks)
- Completed reference projects based on application of machine learning tools
- Familiarity with data structures and and some experience with databases.
- Appreciation of agile methodologies, respect for testing and safe code.
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing startup environment
- Experience with SQL
- Direct experience working on secure products that handle sensitive data is a major plus, e.g. Healthcare or FinTech.
- Direct experience working with ML in production.
- Successful completion of university level courses in Statistics, Linear Algebra and Calculus.
- Degree in physics, math, engineering or biochemistry is ideal.
- Must have right to work in the UK
- £30 000 - 40 000pa commensurate with experience + company pension and stock options available.
- Opportunities for significant growth.
- Team flexibility - our offices are based in London, but we support part-time working from home.