Thanks for taking a look at the job description for Installations Engineer at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right in there with words like “revolutionizing” and “disrupting”.
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What Is Impala Now?
Impala makes building travel software incredibly easy. We provide hotels with a powerful data management platform that makes connecting to software, hardware and room distributors extremely easy. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
We are a team 20 exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial that have built a fantastic community.
Where Is Impala Going?
We’re supported by some of the best investors in the business, the early stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago and more. They’re on board because of our vision - revolutionizing a $1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
Within the next two years, 25% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team to 50 people within the next year.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
- You will be preparing and carrying out installation of Impala products at hotels remotely.
- You will help hotels troubleshoot issues that they may have with their underlying systems that may prevent Impala’s installation.
- You will liaise with customers where our products are hosted remotely by us to ensure that we have the information that we need.
- You will work with our Product teams to help make the process of installing Impala less manual in the future.
You should join us if you are:
- Someone with experience of remote software installation and troubleshooting.
- Someone with experience of liaising with customers to achieve best results.
- Ideally, a candidate with hospitality and Property Management System experience.
- Someone that’s a creative problem solver.
Where Will I Work?
This is a remote position (all of our engineering team and some of our other staff members are distributed). This means you can work from anywhere +/- 2 Hours of London, timezone wise (and less than a 3 hour flight). As part of that:
- We offer an office stipend (you can furnish a home office or choose a coworking space near you).
- We give you an additional significant start-up equipment budget for things like monitors, keyboards, headphones etc.
- You’ll travel once a quarter to meet the rest of the engineering team somewhere in Europe.
- You’ll have a budget to travel to team socials if you’d like to meet everyone in person more frequently.
Please note, we only accept candidates in Western Europe because of timezone and travel time differences. We make no exceptions (we don’t have time to!).
What do you get in return?
- We’re in the top 14% of companies in the UK for holiday that we offer, at 36 days.
- We also offer Impalans one Unsick day per year.
- Impala believes that great people should be able to focus on developing mastery of their skills, even if they don’t want to manage people. Here you’ll be able to access 3.5x the average annual raise, even staying in the same role
- We invest in your development and will support you to realise your potential.
- We offer an extended lunch break option, meaning you can take an extra hour lunch break, and we trust you to make up for it later in the day.
- Perkbox. A platform designed to help you to live a better life by personalising, managing, delivering and measuring the best company perks in real-time.
- Monthly Impala Social.
- Flexible working days and the ability to work from home in the morning, to avoid morning commutes.
- We have a Health & Wellbeing scheme in place, offering you the option of a monthly gym membership reimbursement each month, or a health food voucher each month; access to Headspace/Vitality health insurance (UK only); plus the chance to win a massage monthly. Plus loads more.
- You’ll be working somewhere that encourages collaboration, is transparent, has a strong focus on wellbeing, and doesn’t just pay lip service to it’s Core Values.
If your answer is yes and you are really excited to learn more then please don't hesitate to get in touch with a cover letter and CV so we can talk further about what we do, what matters to us, and our culture.