We are a highly ambitious VC-backed health tech and e-commerce business, growing fast. This is very much the beginning though. In the next five years, we want to reach everyone who can benefit from our platform, in case we can help improve the quality of their everyday life. To achieve this mission, we are focusing on building a sustainable economically-sound business and scaling it as quickly as possible.
We’ve raised ~$11m in funding to-date (most recently Series A), and are now a team of 23. We have been ranked as one of the top UK and global start-ups by multiple listings, including Disrupt 100, Business Cloud and Startups.co.uk.
We are now looking for an energetic, self-motivated person to work in our finance team
You are qualified in ACA or ACCA
You will be able to structure processes and continually look for new ways to create efficiencies for the rest of the team
You will be a commercial thinker with strong excel and analytical skills and exceptional attention to details. You will work well with a small team of like-minded individuals and will be able to manage own workload & prioritise in a fast-paced retail environment
- Managing all aspects of the Xero accounts system
- Timely processing of supplier invoices for payment in multiple currencies
- Staying on top of multiple bank accounts, in multiple currencies.
- Month end reconciliation of revenue and cost of sales
- Working with the buying and merchandising team to ensure accuracy of reporting enabling them to understand performance
- Month end close processing including accruals and prepayments and production of monthly reports
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all balances reported accurately reflect the monthly closing position
- Completing and filing Quarterly VAT returns
- Building a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills; able to interact and collaborate with a wide range of people both in and outside of Accounts
- Experienced in using the Xero accounting package
- Capable of growing in this fast expanding business
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Ideally Degree level educated
- 4+ years general accounting experience preferably in e-commerce
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Cash book and VAT
- A high degree of professionalism, sound judgement and discretion in contacts with management and outside organisations.
- Positive attitude to seek solutions in your work and create a friendly environment in the office.
- Patient and flexible when dealing with colleagues and suppliers
- A readiness to adapt and embrace change
- Ability to actively listen and demonstrate empathy and self-awareness
- Self-motivated, proactive, and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Honest and trustworthy.