We Make Change gives you the power to change the world. Our platform enables anyone, anywhere to use their skills to make the change they want to see. We connect purpose-driven individuals with high-impact NGOs to develop projects supporting the causes they care about.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world. By becoming a Changemaker you can help to make it happen!
Main Purpose of Job
This is a key position in the Legal Team, ensuring that any legal matters relevant to the organisation’s activities are researched and analysed, while recommending and taking the agreed actions. Working collaboratively with members of the Legal Team as well as independently, the position is important in ensuring that the work of the Team is of high quality and produced when required.
- Assessing the possible alternative incorporation structures for the organisation and providing the necessary legal assistance to convert the company structure if required
- Assessing the possibility of creating a for profit entity and providing necessary legal advice and guidance
- Assessing the possibility of converting the CIC entity to a CIO, or alternative not-for-profit entity
- Advising and explaining legal matters
- Researching and summarising legal information
- Preparing legal documents
- Writing to clients
- Providing effective leadership to the Legal Team
- Overseeing the creation of the legal documentation and arrangements necessary in maintaining our online platform and exploring potential new products
- Academic background in law is necessary
- Experience practising commercial law is desirable
- Social enterprise and/or charity legal expertise is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Administrative and IT skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Research skills
- An organised approach
- The ability to work under pressure
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world. The time commitment is expected to be around 4-6 hours per week minimum, plus any additional time you are able to offer.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.