About Elfin Market
We’re a young fintech start-up which aims to disrupt the credit card market in the UK. We use peer-to-peer lending – that is, we directly connect borrowers and lenders without costly banking intermediaries – to offer a cheap alternative to credit cards to our borrowers and solid returns to our lenders (we’re actually the first peer-to-peer lending platform in the world to offer flexible credit akin to a credit card).
We launched our platform in September and our customer base has been growing rapidly since then. We’re currently a team of five, including our two co-founders, and we’re looking for a motivated and ambitious customer support and community management expert to join us in our exciting journey.
You’ll be the first point of contact for any of our customers who have issues, feedback or compliments.
You’ll be in charge of our customer support and community management. This will include being the main point of contact for existing and prospective customers and responding to their questions and requests via email, social media and live chat. This will also include expanding our social media presence and community on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram and developing our visibility on other relevant platforms.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time: we’re currently running a crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs and we’ll use the funds we raise to grow quickly in the coming months. We also plan to launch several new features and you will have a key role in their development.
As one of our early hires, and given the strategic role of the position, you’ll be working in close collaboration with our co-founders and our marketing lead.
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, with flawless written English. You should be as much at ease with formal emails as with Twitter memes.
- Great at solving customer problems.
- Extensive knowledge of social networks, with experience managing accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Exceptional human and social skills. Your role may get stressful and frustrating from time to time and we’re looking for someone who will keep a positive and enthusiastic approach.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Extreme motivation: as one of our early hires, we’re looking for someone who will be as involved as Elfin Market’s co-founders themselves and who will get things done.
- Open-mindedness: we love discussing ideas and exchanging constructive criticism, both on the day-to-day and when making important decisions. You’ll be a key part of those exchanges.
Additionally, if you tick any of the following boxes, this will be a definite plus:
- Familiarity with one or several CRM softwares.
- Creative skills, e.g. in web design.
- Experience working in a tech start-up.
- Working in an early stage start-up will give you the opportunity to acquire lots of different skills and grow your role over time beyond its initial scope.
- Really cool working environment at Level39, London’s largest fintech accelerator, which provides great views over Canary Wharf, free teas and coffees, freshly baked cookies every day and ping pong tables!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Your very own MacBook
- Competitive compensation package
If you’re looking to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, with a strong desire to learn and take on responsibilities quickly, don’t hesitate to apply with us.