Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 200,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
Our opportunity right now? Bringing these two communities together in an efficient and effective way, with new landlords and spaces joining the platform each and every day we want to ensure that we’re effectively matching them with the right brands to drive success for both. We’ve built a thriving and diverse marketplace and now it’s time to take our match-making capabilities to the next level. Delivering success to some of the most prestigious Landlords in the UK and a global network of Brands is both an immense challenge and an incredibly exciting opportunity.
On that basis, we’re now looking for a Commercial Exec on our landlord partner team to help build out this new function and ensure we’re driving success into every part of our portfolio, big or small, and as efficiently and effectively as possible. Alongside defining the structure and processes, this candidate will sit as the link between the landlords team (Landlord Partners & Portfolio Managers), and our concierge team who manage all of the brands on our platform. A successful Commercial Exec will be generating value on both sides of the marketplace - working with our concierge team to source supply for brands, and with our landlord team to source brands for spaces. This role is the essence of how we make ideas happen at Appear Here.
We’re growing quickly and things move fast, so this is a great opportunity to get involved in shaping the future of the business — and bringing about real change in an industry that’s going through huge shifts. You’ll be a self-starter, excited by the challenge and ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
What you will be doing
- Build out the structure and process that will ensure we efficiently and effectively drive value into new landlords and spaces, working closely with the High Street Portfolio Manager to develop a blueprint that can be rolled out to new locations and markets.
- Remove friction in the marketplace by ensuring all spaces are accurately priced, presentable and are attractive to our large network of brands.
- Manage relationships with UK Landlords and deepen Appear Here’s reputation as the trusted partner in commercial retail.
- Get into the mix, by rolling up your sleeves and aggressively seeking out space from within our network, to help the concierge team close deals and deliver commercial results.
- Build reports & working with data to ensure we’re highlighting & acting on under-performing spaces & LL’s on the marketplace
- Know everything about every independent landlord and space in London, you’ll be the central source of knowledge for the team at Appear Here
Why we like you
- You are an ambitious self-starter who is competitive, commercially-minded, highly structured, and entrepreneurial in approach.
- You are a people-person, with excellent communication skills, who readily builds effective relationships at all levels.
- You thrive in an autonomous world, you have the ambition, drive, energy, and work ethic to succeed in a start-up environment, pushing to break new ground and build success for yourself and the business.
- You are organised and structured in your thinking, building structure and process comes naturally to you.
- You are a commercial thinker, you know what a good deal looks like as well as a bad one and aren’t scared of walking away.
- You are balanced and objective, sitting in between brands and landlords you’ll need to be able to think clearly and objectively to deliver the optimal outcome for all involved
- You are analytical and capable of building reports and manipulating data to get to grips with the drivers of business performance
- You are passionate about brands - this sits at the heart of everything we do.
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Team lunch every Friday
- Speakers and events - we host regular internal and external events with industry leaders, for the team and our community
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.
If you’re ready to shape the future of retail and join a fast growing, young, dynamic business as it scales internationally then we’d love to hear from you!
See life inside @appearherehq