EquipmentConnect is an emerging fintech startup disrupting the asset finance industry. We believe SMEs who rely on heavy equipment and machinery should be able to access fast, convenient and transparent finance. To this end, we have developed a funding marketplace, hosted at the point-of-sale, that empowers equipment vendors and customers. Our platform allows equipment and machinery up to £250,000 in value to be financed in a fully digital, seamless manner.
We recently soft launched, recorded our first revenue, and pushing our footprint in the in the UK market. Our Beta stage platform is in continuous development and we have ambitious product roadmap for 2020.
The company has raised c. £400k of private funding and has been awarded funding from Innovate UK, the government agency for scientific and engineering innovation. We have been recently selected for the Techstars by Baclays Accelerator and are based in the fintech hub of Shoreditch, London.
As part of our ambitious plans we are looking to hire a Business Development Associate who has existing B2B sales or business development experience.
We are seeking to hire an energetic business development associate with a growth mindset who can build relationships with equipment vendors, SME's who require asset finance, partners and trusted advisors.
KPIs will be set at commencement and we embrace a culture of honesty, transparency and colloboration.
This is a mid-level business development role that would be ideal for a candidate with 2 years+ experience in a B2B sales or BD role who is looking for a dynamic role in fintech that offers great upside. A very attractive commission structure will ensure the right individual is rewarded appropriately for success.
The role will be both challenging and broad and depeinding your experience will potentially entail a steep learning curve. We’re a small team and given our early stage, the candidate will be expected to contribute to the direction and strategy of the company.
We are open to candidates from a variety of backgrounds but key criteria are:
- At least two years experience in B2B sales or busines development.
- A grasp of SME finance
- Ability to connect with the regions and business outside of London.
- Willigness to travel to small towns across the UK (expenses will be paid)
- English language skills: Native fluency and strong written English.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Flexible and energetic.
- Confident, Social and Entrepreneurial.
- Professional and dilligent.
- Empathetic and emotionaly intelligent.
Bonus criteria that will ensure shortlisting:
- Professional experience in asset finance or SME finance.
- Experience in one of our target industries of Manufacturing, Transport/Logistics, Recycling, Construction.
- Experience working at a disruptive/innovative tech based business.
- A degree in English, Marketing, Economics, Finance or other relevant subject.
- Full Drivers License.
What we offer:
- OTE will be £75k in year 1 and £100k in year 2 with base salary reflecting your experience and the relationships you bring to the firm.
- Holidays up to 28 days per annum.
- Up to 50% remote working. Up to 20% flexible hours.
- Base in Shoreditch London and West Midlands.
When applying please provide one sentence on your core motivation and one sentence on why you feel you would be a good fit for the role.
We are not looking to work with Recruitment Agents, Recruitment Platforms and Business Development/Lead Generation services