At Tessian, our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data and systems private and secure. This means that it’s critical we go above and beyond in regards to securing our platform.
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to come in and help take our security processes to the next level.
You'll have great coding skills & a breadth of experience, as well as wanting to get your hands dirty and dig in to the workings of our systems.
Please note that we're also hiring a Head of Information Security who will own internal non-engineering Security processes & our ISMS. That role sits adjacent to this role's responsibilities, but if that role is also of interest, you can read about it here
. We're also open to a hybrid role blending the two - if that's of interest, please apply via this Security Lead Engineer job spec, & flag in 'Additional Information', or your covering note, that you'd consider a hybrid role.
Your role will include:
- Working in and with development teams to ensure security is designed in to new features being built
- Building and maintaining our security road map
- Sharing your experience and best practices with the development teams but also product and ops teams
- Helping to instil a security culture at Tessian (e.g. last year we ran a CTF)
- Helping Tessian shift security left
- Working together with external Red Teams and Pen Testers to externally validate the security health of our platform
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has demonstrable software security experience
- Has software development and DevOps experience, and still wants to get stuck in!
- Is passionate about security & is up to date on the latest threats and techniques
- Knows their OWASP from their NIST
- Has some experience with AWS
Why we think you'll love it here:
- It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- A full week of work-remote a year, in addition to 25 days of paid holiday
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on including Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
Because everyone loves food...
- A plethora of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Dinner budget for those times you just can’t tear yourself away
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- On Fridays we stop at 5 and share team updates and drinks
- Monthly team socials & a big, whole team extravaganza every quarter
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.