Operations & Events Manager
Conception X is an incubator based in central London that creates investable deep tech startups from the UK’s leading research labs and PhD programmes.
We empower students to explore entrepreneurship as a viable and exciting career choice, in tandem with their degree.
Our students have access to leading university resources, and fantastic networks of mentors and investors who join them early on their journeyConception X initially launched in University College London Faculty of Engineering, supported by Barclays Eagle Labs.
Operations & Events Manager
Amazing opportunity working for a fast-growing company, based in central London. You are the heartbeat of the company and responsible for the day to day running of the HQ within a fast-growing business. As the business grows, your role can too. We are looking for someone with the gravitas to take charge, take ownership and make the role their own.
The growth opportunities are diverse as the company expands, covering Project Management, Business Development, Community Management, and Marketing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to:
- provide administrative assistance to the Conception X Team and manage a team diary/calendar,
- organise and coordinate meetings i.e. prepare agendas, room booking and catering arrangements, administer and minute key meetings,
- manage Conception X team’s administrative inboxes and basic communications with Conception stakeholders,
- manage the HR system and help with any new starter onboarding and leavers
- assist with event planning and on-the-day support for events ranging from focus groups, workshops to large networking events in various locations
- plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- enter and maintain data on the CRM database,
- be responsible for all stationery and office sundries ordering and stock levels
- support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures,
- assist the CEO in maintaining financial controls and setting up systems,
- maintain records of invoices and expenses,
- balance all payments received on a monthly and prepare, maintain the financial system,
- ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- event planning and on-the-day support for events ranging from focus groups, workshops to large networking events in various locations, usually IDEALondon,
- event support: includes, but not limited to: room booking, catering, handling enquiries, registration and liaison with delegates, creation and maintenance of the registration websites.
- 2-3 years' experience in an Operations, Office or Events Manager role experience of providing administrative support in a dynamic environment,
- experience in event and meeting planning,
- experience of working with financials
- have exceptional organisational skills,
- excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- have proven attention to detail,
- are comfortable with a variety of responsibilities,
- have excellent interpersonal skills and are a team player - we are a small, working closely together to ensure Conception X continues to be a success story
- Salary of £28K
- Friendly, open and transparent culture
- You'll get to join a passionate startup with proven traction on its scaling journey.
- Flexible working hours / ability to work from home
- 27 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Private health insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing Date for Applications:
28 February 2020
Ideally End of February - Beginning of March 2020