Thanks for taking a look at the job description for Product Manager - Candidate Experience at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right in there with words like “revolutionizing” and “disrupting”.
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What is Impala?
Impala makes building travel software incredibly easy. We provide hotels with a powerful data management platform that makes connecting to software, hardware and room distributors extremely easy. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
We are a growing team of exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial that have built a fantastic community.
Where is Impala going?
We’re supported by some of the best investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago and more. They’re on board because of our vision - revolutionizing a $1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
Within the next two years, 25% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team to 50 people within the next year. Now is the most exciting time to be joining Impala as we go through a large push to scale up!
What will you be doing?
You’ll be initially deployed into the People & Talent team where you’ll use your incredible (we hope) Product talents to look at our entire Talent Acquisition & Onboarding process as a product experience. Including:
- Making sure Impala is present in all the places great candidates look for work, online and offline. This might mean going beyond traditional job boards and applying growth hacking techniques to stand out.
- Ensuring candidates receive white-glove treatment from their first contact with Impala to signing the contract or their rejection. We want people to feel valued every step along the way, even if they weren’t the right fit.
- Building, adapting and improving tools to make the process of filtering exceptional candidates easier.
- You’ll have access to development, design and copy resources and will be fully empowered to achieve outcomes - this role has a lot of stakeholders and so great Customer Development skills are a must.
You should join us if you have this kind of experience:
- Experience in Product Management in an extremely high quality company.
- A degree from an excellent university.
- Knowledge of Product Management tools (Agile, Metrics-Driven thinking, Customer Development, Stakeholder Management).
- Understanding that candidate experience is a product just like any other and that the most vital thing a company can do is hire well and give them every tool they need during onboarding.
- Experience and confidence to self-direct and own a vital part of the company.
- Your first instincts are to automate away repetitive tasks.
What do you get in return?
- We’re in the top 14% of companies in the UK for holiday that we offer, at 36 days.
- We also offer Impalans one Unsick day per year.
- Impala believes that great people should be able to focus on developing mastery of their skills, even if they don’t want to manage people. Here you’ll be able to access 3.5x the average annual raise, even staying in the same role.
- We invest in your development and will support you to realise your potential.
- We offer an extended lunch break option, meaning you can take an extra hour lunch break, and we trust you to make up for it later in the day.
- Perkbox. A platform designed to help you to live a better life by personalising, managing, delivering and measuring the best company perks in real-time.
- Monthly Impala Social events, ranging from Go-Karting, to Social Darts, to Mini-Golf.
- Flexible working days and the ability to work from home in the morning, to avoid morning commutes.
- Our Health & Wellbeing Scheme offers you the option of a monthly gym membership reimbursement each month, or a health food voucher each month; access to Headspace; Vitality health insurance (UK only); plus the chance to win a massage monthly. Plus loads more.
- You’ll be working somewhere that encourages collaboration, is transparent, has a strong focus on wellbeing, and doesn’t just pay lip service to it’s Core Values.
If your answer is yes and you are really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page - https://medium.com/getimpala - which includes more information about who we are, what we do, what matters to us, and our culture.
Want to know more about our CEO, or want a deeper understanding of our what and why? Watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxBZuoxCbKM