We are The Smart Container Company. An early-stage B2B SaaS startup disrupting the draught beer industry. Our product, KegTracker™, is an IoT device that instantly turns kegs and casks into SMART containers. Our technology creates transparency in the supply chain, removes bottlenecks, reduces waste, and enables a more sustainable and circular economy.
Originally founded in New York City, The Smart Container Company is now headquartered in Cardiff, Wales with a satellite office in London, England. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement.
Our Product and Service
KegTracker™ is a disruptive, innovative, first-of-its-kind, patent pending, non-intrusive IoT device for asset tracking with condition monitoring of kegs. Our technology instantly connects existing containers to the internet and tracks location, volume, temperature, and movement for each asset.
Leveraging data science and information collected from the containers, we empower breweries with real-time supply-chain reports and insights that drive a next-generation level of LEAN operational efficiency. Our services include: demand-driven production planning, keg and cask management, channel and contract monitoring, product recalls, route optimisation, stock and storage optimisation, improved reverse logistics, damage prevention, spoilage control, auto-replenishment, dynamic pricing, and retail waste management.
Lead team of engineers in the product development of our IoT solution. This includes oversight and ensuring timely delivery of the software, process, and hardware workstreams. Since our hardware is outsourced to an external vendor in London, we envision this role to be primarily focused on the execution of the software, process, and system integration workstreams.
Since this is a leadership role, we would expect this person to be able to manage a team of software developers, have strong project management skills, and a track record for delivering high-quality projects on time and within budget. The role will also require interaction with other functions of the business beyond product development, such as business strategy, investor relations, finance, and operations.
This role have freedom to make architecture decisions and technology roadmap decisions, so long these decisions are thoroughly studied, validated and approved beforehand.
- Passion for innovation and disruptive technologies
- Expert full-stack software developer and project manager
- Experienced in Internet of Things, System Integration (especially Hardware and LPWANs), Cloud Computing, Data Science, Databases, Data Analytics, APIs, world-class UX/UI
- Track record managing teams and delivering high-quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-moving environment
- Knowledge of the beverage industry. Beer enthusiasts are welcome
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, Supply Chain Optimisation
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other IT related degree