About the company
In 2019, our small team beat Google, Uber and some of the largest car companies in the world to unveil an autonomous vehicle designed for roads in Europe. We are an extraordinary team of scientists, researchers and innovators working to get self-driving cars on the road in Europe. Our award winning product was cited as one to watch by Richard Branson and several publications, and has been featured on TV and the International press. We are ever expanding and now looking for someone with a unique skill-set.
About the role
Over the years, the way in which start-ups raise money has evolved. Instead of start-ups being funded by one or two large investors, investment rounds have become the new most common structure, the process involves start-ups opening rounds which are then funded by an aggregate of angel Investors. The result of this is that start-ups like ours end up acting more like public companies, with hundreds of investors on their cap table, quarterly report and being FCA authorised. With all this in mind, the need has arisen for us to hire an in-house Investment Manager / Equity Dealer.
The company is entering into a phase of rapid growth and expansion leading up to our Series-A round; to fund this growth, we will be raising investment. We are seeking a dynamic and an entrepreneurial minded individual who is incentive-driven with experience in raising funds, working with angel investors, HNWI’s and other financial institutions.
Success in this role will require proven professional capabilities, encompassing a combination of strong financial analytical skills, business partnership, team leadership, and communication skills. The candidate should have a good understanding of wealth management, communicating with HNWI. This is an unsupervised role and will require travelling to client offices, dinners and events.
Your role will be to source new leads and find investors to join our round and invest in the company's current investment round. You will be trained on all the processes, onboarding and compliance.
The world of start-ups is very fast paced, we work long hours, we are super results driven but focus a lot on the quality and detail in what we do. We are looking for someone who is hungry for success, extremely ambitious and wants to be part of a team hell-bent on disrupting an entire industry and changing the world.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Identify investment leads that would be relevant for the company's growth.. These leads can include HNWI’s, Angel Investors, Impact Investors, Family Offices, Foundations etc. Experience with equity investment is essential.
- Assist in the fundraising processing including investor management, due diligence documentation and respective data analysis
- Interact with clients on market news, research comments, attend investment events events lead generation
- Compile and summarize news flow and research
- Schedule and attend meetings with prospective and existing investors
- Participate in idea generation and planning for investor events
The role can be extended for subsequent funding rounds and/or investor relations year-round. Incentives available on investments raised.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience, in any of the following; equity market sales, investment banking, investment research, institutional equity sales or research sales
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethics with willingness to learn and to excel
- Diverse background with ability to collaborate effectively with different internal functions such as Compliance
- Ability to establish win partnerships with corporate partners and investors, investment firms.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
Please ensure to send through a cover letter and CV when applying.
As the in-house Investment Manager, you will earn a good basic topped with an incredible commission structure.