Pivigo is a game-changing scale-up in the European data science scene. We connect businesses and data scientists and develop solutions that deliver a step change in performance and growth.
In 2014 we started Europe’s largest data science bootcamp, Science to Data Science (S2DS, www.s2ds.org) and have since partnered with organisations including, KPMG, Tesco, Royal Mail, M&S, British Gas, Made.com, Barclays, AstraZeneca and Ted Baker. Help us continue to grow the most exciting data science programme in Europe!
Tasks and responsibilities
The Community Coordinator is expected to take responsibility for all tasks relating to our S2DS programmes, along with various other operational tasks. Specifically, we’re looking for someone to:
Before the bootcamp
- Support marketing efforts directed towards candidates looking to apply to the bootcamp
- Develop a plan of outreach and, when needed, arrange and present at university/community outreach events
- Manage applications by recording, processing and handling all aspects of the process, including interview eligibility
- Look to improve upon our current processes through automation and suggest tools to improve efficiency and transparency
- Take responsibility for all communications with S2DS applicants and participants and ensure all relevant parties in Pivigo are kept up to date
- Manage event bookings and supplier relationships leading up to and during the delivery phase
- Support S2DS participants through the programme
After the event
- Develop and manage engagement with our alumni and the wider Pivigo community. Work with us to develop growth metrics and strive to exceed them
- Be resourceful and think outside the box on how to continue to work with the freelancer data science community and support our existing operations do this.
- Support the Pivigo team with other administrative tasks
What we look for
Most importantly we look for an individual with the right personality to take on this very important role within Pivigo. The successful candidate will possess excellent organisation skills and will be comfortable managing multiple tasks and people at the same time, with a keen eye for detail. Alongside this you will need exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and you will need to adjust your style based on the diverse audiences you will work with.
You will be a people person who enjoys meeting and speaking to others and are empathetic. You will do so with a high degree of positivity and self-motivation. You will have an interest in the ways data is changing our lives for the better as well as a drive to grow and nurture technical communities.
What you get
We offer a competitive salary, but more importantly you get to be part of a family and community of over 8,500 data scientists and counting. You will meet hundreds of budding data scientists every year, and be part of a young, dynamic and fast-growing team. We often organise Pivigo team days to enjoy each other’s company and our successes.
Applicants must have their own right to work in the UK
Apply by sending a CV. You will then be asked to submit a two-minute video in which you talk about a topic you’re passionate about.
Applications that do not include this video will not be considered.