Job Role: OneTech Project Officer
Location:WeWork, 70 Wilson Street or IDEALondon, 69 Wilson Street - tbc
Role: Capital Enterprise is looking to recruit a Project Officer to support OneTech. You will be tasked to assist with the day-to-day running of the project and work closely with the MD and Project Team to make sure the project runs smoothly.
Duration: In the first instance, this role will last for 1 year (subject to contract) with the possibility of extending.
OneTech connects under represented communities with opportunities in London’s tech startup ecosystem. We want to change the face of London’s startups. We have attracted a number of different grants and are working with a wide range of delivery partners including UKBlackTech, Diversity VC, FounderVine and YSYS.
The original OneTech project kicked off in 2018 and we have plans to move it from being a project to becoming a sustainable movement of change. As such it has recently moved to being a semi autonomous structure within Capital Enterprise with its own MD, team and Advisory Group.
You will be accountable to the OneTech Programme Manager and MD and will work as part of a small and friendly team, building a network of contacts and colleagues across a range of partner organisations and institutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a high-profile activity supporting our ambitious plans to increase diversity in London’s start-up ecosystem.
OneTech launched in 2018 and, at least for now, will continue until June 2023. Capital Enterprise is looking to appoint a Project Officer to support the project team to deliver and run the programme in line with its time, budget and quality requirements.
We are London’s start-up experts, connecting and energising a world-class entrepreneurship ecosystem. We are a body of connectors, influencers, investors and policy-makers, collaborating to super-charge London’s start-up scene. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are mission-driven and a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members.
Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs.
Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day administration of the project together with the project team
- Filing project records
- On boarding calls with entrepreneurs
- Assist with reports on outputs for the project
- Support database management, e.g. input new and update existing data on the customer relationship management database
- Assist the project team with all communication through clear verbal and written correspondence with delivery partners, service providers, staff, founders and startups.
- Create and maintain a database of venues for external events
- Arrange meetings, meeting rooms & catering as required for both internal meetings and external events
- Logging participation at events for monitoring purposes
- Undertake administrative tasks involved in all aspects of events organisation, including booking speakers and liaising to ensure their requirements are met, the booking of rooms, ordering of catering, production of delegate packs and name badges etc.
- Assist the Team in creating the six monthly progress and activity reports
- Assist with event related travel and accommodation arrangements
- Support the registration process for events using our online Events Management system (eventbrite) and provide basic reports
- Attend regular events organised by the team to assist with event delivery. This will include events outside normal working hours
- Support inbox and diary management for senior staff
- Data entry and ensuring the existing data in the database is accurate
- To undertake other tasks as appropriate as directed by the project team
- Applicants must have a minimum of Undergraduate Degree or equivalent
- A high level of oral and written communication in english and numeracy is required
- Ability work on own initiative, with minimal supervision and able to prioritise own workload
- Excellent ICT skills including experience of using all Google and Microsoft Office-suite programmes and other applications such as Eventbrite, calendly, Mailchimp, Wordpress, xxx xxx
- Tact and discretion in the handling of highly confidential and sensitive information
- A high level of accuracy and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to successfully manage a variety of tasks to deadline and to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to communicate well with people and develop effective working relationships
- Flexibility – we are a small organisation and operate as a team. While the role and key responsibilities are described above, new areas of work may emerge
- Willingness to act as a face of the organisation with both individual members and external stakeholders
- Ability to excel in a modern, fast-paced and informal organisational setting
- Strong organisational capabilities, with the ability to establish systems and manage information
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish and build working relationships with a range of individuals from different backgrounds and organisations
- Experience in customer service roles
- A team player with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Experience of event coordination and/or marketing and communications
- Experience of project administration and support
- Commitment to diversity
Salary will be £23,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. Salary will be paid in 12 monthly installments. There may be opportunities for progression for the right candidate.
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
You will be entitled to 25 working days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, as well as additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to the address specified.
The closing date for applications is Friday 6 March 2020 and interviews will be held in the follwing weeks.