Please note: due to the high volume of applicants we will not consider generic applications that do not include a cover letter (more info. at end of ad).
Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists is also the only pasta brand in Harrods. We’ve also kicked off our partnership with M&S, launching our first retail concession in its new flagship Southampton store.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! So far, we’ve been able to raise significant funding from Tier 1 investors and continue to grow the business at 20% month-on-month. This makes us one of the fastest-growing food tech start ups in the UK!
- You are an acquisition marketing professional with a minimum of 3-4 years working in a fast-paced B2C marketing nfunction
- You are a data & results-driven marketer, with demonstrable experience optimising to the lowest possible CPA across several acquisition channels
- At the same time, you don't just look at the cheapest possible acquisition activities: you also look for the best customers, based on repeat rates & AOV, i.e. you focus on ROI and delivering the best possible CPA:CLV ratio
- You understand, and have demonstrable experience controlling, the alchemy behind acquisition, i.e. the recipe that induces conversion (offer, creative, targeting/audience, media type, etc.)
- Although you have a depth of experience across digital acquisition channels (notably Paid Social, SEO, AdWords, Display, etc.) you are genuinely channel agnostic and will organise your channel mix, and budget allocation, in line with ROI, rather than your immediate skill set or channel comfort zone
- You have experience building landing pages for digital campaigns, and running A/B tests on these pages to determine what converts traffic most efficiently
- You are comfortable managing a multi-million pound acquisition budget and reporting on acquisition metrics (CPA, CLV, payback, repeat rates, etc.) to investors and other senior stakeholders
- You are comfortable ''working in the grey'' - as a growth startup, sometimes we're a little bit rough around the edges or don't yet have the right system, solution or process in place: you see this as an opportunity, and have a positive, solutions-focussed outlook. Where plan A fails, you've already thought about a plan B
- Although you think the term is a little ubiquitous, you still ascribe value to the notion of growth-hacking and are always looking for opportunities to create growth cheaply... no matter where they may be
- You're a team player and are generous with your time, helping to upskill the wider marketing team
- You know your stuff and are able to confidently make your case for a well-thought-out acquisition plan when challenged
What you'll do:
- You'll work closely with our CMO to create and execute a monthly acquisition marketing plan
- You'll be responsible for a multi-million pound acquisition marketing budget and allocate this in line with where you've identified the strongest ROI
- You'll manage / mentor a Junior Acquisition Marketing Manager
- You'll use our BI software to look closely at the quality of the customers your campaigns acquire, based on metrics such as AOV, repeat rates, frequency, etc.
- You'll run A/B tests to boost acquisition efficiency, e.g. to determine which creative performs best, or which landing page generates most sales
- You'll get creative, working with our design to bring to life amazing ads and content that you know will convert traffic
- You'll report on our acquisition marketing to investors and other senior stakeholders
What we can offer:
- Join a young and dynamic team in a key fulltime role, reporting to our CMO and managing/mentoring a Junior Marketing Manager
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- Pro-rated 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays!)
- Competitive salary & potential equity package for the right candidate
Please apply with:
- A copy of your CV
- A short cover letter (2 paragraphs) noting why you're interested in the Acquisition Lead role in Pasta Evangelists, as well as the key successes in your career to date
Please note: due to the high volume of applicants we will not consider generic applications that do not include the above.