We’re looking for a highly organised Customer Support Associate to join our team and help provide an incredible post-order experience for our users. The role is customer-facing, and shifts will range from 7am to 11pm across weekdays and weekends.
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place.
Operations at Thread
Making it easy to dress well - and building a business around it - requires operational excellence. Our goal is to create a seamless end-to-end experience, from discovering the perfect item to having it delivered quickly and easily to a place of your choice.
We’re looking for an outstanding customer support associate with strong customer-facing skills to help us continue to improve. You will be an important part of this small, dynamic and friendly team. Your role will be fast paced and varied but you’ll execute tasks in a way that makes things seem effortless for our users. If you are highly organised, fast paced, reliable, resilient and keen, this role could be for you.
Your role will mainly be customer-facing, requiring strong communication and problem-solving skills.
As the first point of contact for our customers, you’ll demonstrate a strong sense of empathy and a drive to make sure every customer has an interaction with Thread which leaves them delighted. You’ll need to be able to empathise with a customer’s needs, break down a problem, and then find the best way to resolve it.
You’ll also be responsible for triaging our queries to ensure that the right queries are escalated to senior associates for investigation. You’ll work closely with senior associates to understand the best ways of handling customer queries and improve the Thread experience.
Training is preferably done in our office in Aldgate, but we can arrange remote training if necessary. You’ll then be able to work remotely most of the time. We might ask you to come to our office occasionally for training sessions.
The role guarantees a minimum of 15 to 25 hours a week (spread across morning, day and evening shifts on weekdays and weekends), with frequent opportunities to pick up more hours on top of that. We’re happy to negotiate the hours and shift times in line with our requirements. We’re currently particularly keen for someone who has the flexibility to do a shift or two on weekends as well as shifts on weekdays.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- First point of contact for our users - field all queries coming through to our support ticketing system and decide on the best pathway for each.
- Resolve queries and issues efficiently and to a high standard, using your knowledge of our order processing system. Make sure our users come away feeling like they had a mindblowing customer experience.
- Contribute towards hitting our support response time and customer satisfaction targets.
- Advocate for users internally by passing on their feedback and pain-points to the wider team.
- Be part of improving a range of areas in the business!
Are you the one? You are, if you:
- Possess a collaborative “whatever it takes” attitude; someone who won’t give up until a problem is fixed and who’s not afraid to push and lead others to a resolution.
- Have superb attention to detail; nothing gets past you.
- Constantly think about how we can improve our processes; never be satisfied with a process that isn’t perfect.
- Have excellent organisational skills. You make great notes and leave a clear path for others to follow.
- Are known for being reliable to your core. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, being both professional and effective over email.
- Are comfortable working across different platforms. You don’t have to be a computer pro,but you’re confident jumping from tab to tab.
- Prior experience working in customer success a plus.
- This is a flexible role in which you’re welcome to work remotely for most of your hours.
- You’ll be working closely with the core ops team and will be involved in the smooth running of our support shifts.
- You’ll get first-hand experience of the day to day workings of the operations team in a tech start-up.
- Competitive compensation: £10/hour, plus holiday and sick pay.
How to apply:
Email us with your CV and a cover letter, and we’ll be in touch!