We help small and very small enterprises to go online. Unlike typical website builders such as Wix, we are a “do it for me” solution. SMEs fill out a short 5-6 points questionnaire in most cases on their mobile. Our content analysts build their website based on the SME’s input and complementary record public records. Most of our sign-ups come through Facebook ads.
The simple website is free and hosted on our domain, e.g. business.ueniweb.com domain for free. If they want their own domain, for example, www.john.com or get an email email@example.com they would have to pay for it. Beyond online tools, we also offer 3rd party solutions that a small business might need such as payment solutions, bank accounts, credit cards, bank loans, accounting software etc. etc. One stop shop, all the tools needed for small businesses to grow
Today we are signing up 3,500 businesses every day and we operate in the UK, Spain, France, the USA, Mexico, India and we are growing our global presence every month. To date, UENI has raised $30m mainly from successful entrepreneurs.
We have recently launched our e-commerce offer, to cater to those customers who wish for a more sophisticated, transactional website both for products and services.
We are looking for an experienced OpenCart Developer to join our web development team. You will be working closely with product managers, DevOps, QA Engineers, and support teams to ensure continuous deployment, provide expertise, handle technical escalations and develop tools and automate processes that improve operational efficiency.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.).
- As an experienced OpenCart Web Developer, you will be responsible for the complete delivery of multiple OpenCart Website Development projects including both back-end and front-end development, customizing OpenCart themes, plugins, and modules.
- You will also be responsible for developing, customizing and implementing new features and functionality, maintaining OpenCart Websites as per given specifications, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the OpenCart
- Ecommerce System and its security.
- Strong knowledge of OpenCart. PHP web frameworks and other open source e-commerce solutions are desirable.
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- You should have experience in mobile responsive and search engine friendly OpenCart website development, using various debugging tools.
- Extensive experience in creating (and working with existing) OCMOD extensions with advanced functionalities.
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with SQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Be part of a super fast-growing and funded company ($30m raised)
- Join an outstanding team culture, working together to help the business achieve its goals and living the UENI values.
- Competitive salary & equity options package
- Holiday increases with each year of service
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development in a people-focused organization.
- More than 300+ discounts with Perkbox
- Employee referral scheme
- Cool office in Hammersmith area with access to gym, fruit, events and plenty of coffee, beer and prosecco