Master of Malt is a leading online drinks retailer, with a particular passion for whisky, gin, and other premium spirits. Where our true passion lies, however, is in delivering extraordinary drinks experiences. This is less about flogging bottles and more about the process; how we aid learning and discovery, etc. It’s about connecting people with every drinks-related experience that can be conceived of, in the most delightful way imaginable.
This is our mission: to shorten the distance to amazing drinks experiences.
We're an innovative and fast-paced business, working tirelessly to disrupt an industry we love. Driven by an incredible team, we’re dedicated to four key values
: The experience matters, we challenge everything, we speak the truth,
and we own it.
This is a truly exciting time to join our amazing company and to be a leader in how we build out the experience for our customers.
We’re looking for a talented Head of Service to manage our world-class customer service function. Right at the heart of the MoM business, this is so much more than taking calls and processing orders! Our high performing, fun and dynamic team works hard 24/7, 365 days a year to deliver a range of crucial functions that make our business flow and keep our customers happy!
Reporting to our General Manager and responsible for a team of 15, this role will establish and drive a ‘customer first’ culture that encourages ownership and empowers our people to solve issues. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create a framework that enables the team to succeed - nurturing talent, offering feedback and enabling continuous improvement.
- Manage resources to meet seasonal and business needs, carefully balancing costs and service expectations.
- Define and continually review quality and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Compile data to track and report common issues, creating a feedback loop for the wider business and to facilitate decision making.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and improve our service proposition, particularly through technology.
- Work cross functionally, to facilitate effective communication and successfully dispatch orders.
- Ad-hoc project management.
Firstly, you think that our core values are, well, valuable. Put another way, if you believe, for example, that a “good enough” experience is good enough - then you might be happier elsewhere!
You have 4-5 years experience gained in a similar service led role and the passion and talent to make a real difference. E-Commerce experience would be useful, but isn’t essential. The key skills, background and attributes we’re looking for include:
- Extensive people management experience in a customer service focused role, including recruitment, induction, training and managing shift patterns.
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to influence.
- Data driven approach to decision making.
- Superlative communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commercial and strategic thinking.
- Prior experience of designing and implementing improvements in service - ideally technology-led - is of particular interest but not essential.
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business like ours (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
Flexible working -
we’re focused on productivity and will work with you to make sure you’re happy with how you work.Free food -
a hungry worker is not a happy worker. We stock our kitchens with what you need to get you through the day.Free fancy coffee -
George Clooney endorsed, no less...A relaxed working environment -
there are no suits and ties here (unless you insist). A challenge -
the opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100
.Personal Days -
7 completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.A healthy staff discount -
on our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.(Un)healthy irreverence -
National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered.