Frontend Focused Rails Developer
We are a VC backed, early-stage Fintech startup, building an innovative platform in the SME lending space.
We are looking for a developer who has strong front end experience within a monolithic Rails application. The skill’s we are looking for are:
- A solid understanding of modern HTML5 and CSS and SCSS
- A solid understanding of the Bootstrap CSS & JS Framework
- UX Design experience and familiarity with either Sketch or Figma
- An understanding of user-centric design and design thinking principles
- Designing and building UX using server-side rendered templates written in ERB and using Rails own Turbolinks AJAX to give a Single Page Application-esque experience to the end user.
- Rails forms and form helpers.
- Using the presenter pattern combined with partials written in Ruby to create an extensible and reusable data driven component UI framework (based on Bootstrap components on the HTML side)
- Comfortable working with Rails server side validations in combination with Bootstrap/HTML5 client side validations.
We’ve built a client onboarding journey, customer dash and admin system using Rails own templating tech (forms, Turbolinks) for rendering, with Bootstrap as the markup/CSS/JS framework - to keep the UX code consistent and standardized. The ideal candidate will be familiar with this style of rapid development and will be able to help us to build on and improve the existing UX as the requirements evolve.
What we offer:
- Build a new to market, innovative financial product
- A technology focused approach to thinking
- All the required hardware and software
- 24 days holiday
- Team events and perks
Location: Moorgate London