This is an exciting opportunity to join Monaco Solicitors, a lively, innovative and rapidly expanding law firm with headquarters in London. The company operates both as a traditional law firm as well as an industry disrupter; with one eye on the future, we are constantly reimagining how tech will change the way the law is accessed and consumed. We specialise in employment law and are one of only a handful of law firms in the UK who solely represent employees (not employers).
Monaco Solicitors was recently shortlisted in the Law Society Excellence Awards for innovation in technology. We build genuinely useful tech products to assist clients in their search for justice.
Our mission is to make employment law more accessible to employees who are being poorly treated at work. We do this by sharing our extensive knowledge and experience on our websites, explaining legal terminology and processes in plain English, and generally providing employees with tools and techniques so that they can better fend for themselves in disputes with their employer.
The Peckham office houses the product development and business teams. Due to an increasing workload, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join us.
You will be working with our product development team in an agile process; the team currently comprises a team of five including: a full stack developer (Github profile), a junior developer, a designer, a project manager/system designer and product owner. This year we are developing our platform to serve tailored content to our users and packaging it up for deployment through a freemium model. You will be an integral part of the team delivering these projects and contribute to all aspects of the development process. Features will include:
- Automated case assessment and provision of advice
- Client and solicitor dashboards and user profiles
- Cloud-based document management systems
- Artificial intelligence legal advice
- Payment gateway
- Coding (minimum 90% of the role)
- Analyse requirements, design and scope appropriate solutions
- Drive engineering excellence through CI/CD
- Pro-actively respond to identifying and troubleshooting integration or technical issues
- Project management, agile/scrum
- Lead and mentor other engineers
- Participate in daily stand ups
The Successful Candidate
We are looking for a reliable and self-motivated individual. You will be able to work on your own initiative, to prioritise your workload and adhere to deadlines, whilst also being a good team player with a positive, can-do attitude and a keen commercial awareness. In particular you will have…
Skills and experience required:
- AWS (Severless, API building, Lambdas, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building software using Test driven development methodologies
- 5+ years experience
Nice to have:
- Solutions architect experience
- Project and product management
- Building PWA (progressive web apps)
- React Native
Benefits of joining Monaco Solicitors:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to work from home
- Pension contribution
- Office located in the heart of Peckham’s creative hub; Peckham Rye train station is a 5 min walk – desk to platform!
- Proximity to many bars and restaurants, plus fantastic views towards central London
- Regular team socials
- Gym membership
- Onsite yoga classes, table football and table tennis
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people’s lives