Chief Operating Officer (COO)
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer capable of taking us to the next level. The COO role is a key member of the executive team. You will work alongside the CEO to execute the company vision, put procedures and resources in place to promote scaling, optimise inefficient areas of the organisation and coordinate with department heads, reporting only to the CEO.
You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be a flexible, experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, business acumen, project delivery expertise and exemplary work ethics. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
Our ideal COO has at least 15 years hands on experience delivering effectively against challenging deadlines and budgets within a technology-based service (marketplace) company. You will also be highly professional and possess the drive to develop and manage effectively the internal operations of a high growth business.
· Deliver the business plan as agreed with investors
· Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures to deliver this plan
· Set and manage comprehensive goals for performance and growth
· Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
· Oversee daily operations of the company and the team (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc)
· Lead employees to encourage effective performance and personal drive
· Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
· Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
· Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
· Assist CEO in fundraising ventures and represent her externally
· Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc)
· Manage relationships with clients/partners/vendors
· Control company costs, monitor invoices, accounting and bank processes
· Prepare timely and accurate financial performance reports
· Oversee marketing and data initiatives and implement better business practices
· Coach employees to optimize their capabilities
· Complete performance reviews in a prudent manner
All these responsibilities will be performed within a risk aware framework.
Skills, experience & attributes
- Demonstrate competency in strategic planning, business development, management & financial accounting
- Demonstrate awareness of the regulatory and legal requirements of the company
- Experienced project manager with PRINCE qualifications or the equivalent
- International business experience a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance / operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Degree and relevant professional qualifications
Over the years, E2E has developed into an exciting and thriving powerhouse of entrepreneurs, investors and entrepreneurial non-execs, with ambition and innovation at its core. E2E is a trusted entrepreneurial community which has just one objective: to unlock the full potential of ambitious entrepreneurial businesses by providing an ecosystem of support services.
Our vision is to enable extraordinary entrepreneurship through our mission of acting as the main catalyst for entrepreneurial economic growth first in the UK and then internationally.
So far, we have:
- Physically brought together over 30,000 entrepreneurs at over 300 events with an excess of 250 speakers across the UK.
- Meet c.3,000 entrepreneurs per annum that we meet face to face through our events programs and meetings.
- Host an average of 42 events per annum in 10 different cities across the UK.
- Launched a £50M investment facility. We look at an average of 40 deals a month that we link to our large community of 3,000 investors ranging from business angels to Family offices.
- Introduced a NED placement platform for our members.
- Amassed an active community of 23,000 pure entrepreneurs and a database of 100,000 businesses in the UK.
E2E is dedicated to being the main catalyst for entrepreneurial economic growth by providing an ecosystem of support for our entrepreneurial community. We offer one platform where you can connect with the right people, finance, and services to give your business the best chance of success.