Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Are you an experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are ambitious, multitasking go-getter able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a competent CTO who will be our first technology go-to expert and will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilisation plan and manage all information technology resources in our company.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator and public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
- Outline the company's technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business needs.
- Develop policies and procedures and use technology to enhance products and services that focus on external customers.
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Manage and optimise infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Developing the company’s strategy for using technological resources
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure
Skills, experience & attributes
- Previous working experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for 5 years
- Experience in building marketplace platforms is preferred
- MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to detail.
Over the years, E2E has developed into an exciting and thriving powerhouse of entrepreneurs, investors and entrepreneurial non-execs, with ambition and innovation at its core. E2E is a trusted entrepreneurial community which has just one objective: to unlock the full potential of ambitious entrepreneurial businesses by providing an ecosystem of support services.
Our vision is to enable extraordinary entrepreneurship through our mission of acting as the main catalyst for entrepreneurial economic growth first in the UK and then internationally.
So far, we have:
- Physically brought together over 30,000 entrepreneurs at over 300 events with an excess of 250 speakers across the UK.
- Meet c.3,000 entrepreneurs per annum that we meet face to face through our events programs and meetings.
- Host an average of 42 events per annum in 10 different cities across the UK.
- Launched a £50M investment facility. We look at an average of 40 deals a month that we link to our large community of 3,000 investors ranging from business angels to Family offices.
- Introduced a NED placement platform for our members.
- Amassed an active community of 23,000 pure entrepreneurs and a database of 100,000 businesses in the UK.
E2E is dedicated to becoming the main catalyst for entrepreneurial economic growth by providing an ecosystem of support for our entrepreneurial community. We offer one platform where our community members can connect with the right people, finance, and services to give their businesses the best chance of success.