IDEALondon is an innovation centre run by a world-class partnership of University College London, Barclays, EDF Energy and Capital Enterprise. With light-touch, high relevance support, IDEALondon offers a unique mix of expertise and experience to enable tech startups to flourish.
We define the IDEALondon experience from the very beginning and you are a key part of this.
You will be the first person our startups/visitors/partners meet each morning, and you’re the one they seek out for support for all things hospitality, operations, events and day to day admin needs.
As the Front of House/Community Coordinator, you will need to consistently deliver the following:
- a high standard of reception and hospitality
- an ability to deal with a variety of questions in a friendly and enthusiastic manner
- awesome customer service - you remember names and go out of your way to help our guests
- high attention to detail – you are a clean freak and notice when anything is out of place
- a confident and swift administrator
- willing to embrace new technology
- you take pride in the space and make sure IDEALondon always looks it’s best
You will have the following skills, experience and personality to be successful in this role:
- Experience in a previous customer focussed role (retail, serving or receptionist role )
- Friendly, personable and outgoing manner
- Highly organised with attention to detail. You are a clean freak and enjoy taking pride in your space.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people on all levels and with all different backgrounds, from students to CEOs
- A proactive problem-solver who is able to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and calmly under pressure
- Able to safely lift heavy objects to set up for events
- Strong administrative skills
Nice to haves
- Strong interest in the tech startup ecosystem in London
- Experience working with different administrative platforms
- Thrive and have prior experience of working in working a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with people who have high standards, even higher expectations and can be demanding!
Salary will be £20,000 to £22,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in twelve equal monthly instalments
- You will receive £500 p.a. as a training budget to grow your skills
- Opportunity to work events with paid overtime at a rate of £25/ph
- Regular community and Team socials including pizza nights, Christmas away days, games nights, summer parties etc.
- Student Discounts through UCL
- Opportunities for career development and growth within the role.
Hours of Work
Full-time hours over an average of 40 hours per week (including a 1 hour unpaid lunch break)
You will be entitled to 25 working days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, as well as additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV by the 28th of February 2020