Job Title: Office Manager
Reporting to: Head of People and Operations
Starting salary: £25-£35k per annum DOE
+ great perks such as private medical insurance, subsidised gym memberships, free breakfast and many more.
We are seeking a hands-on Office Manager who you will be the glue to our operations ensuring the team and office itself runs to perfection whilst also supporting the Directors. Smarter is keen to find an Office Manager for whom longevity is of key importance.
This role is ideal for you, if you are seeking –
- An autonomous job, where there is not only trust but an expectation that you will manage your own time and duties.
- A kind and warm team; people who enjoy throwing themselves into their jobs and being successful, whilst also respecting one another.
- A company which is goal and reward-focused – there is no secret made that everyone in this close-knit start-up works hard, carries their own set of responsibilities and, as such, shares the rewards.
Smarter is an award winning British connected home company with a product range that connects existing appliances to the internet, allowing you to control them from your phone. At Smarter we design, manufacturer and distribute our products throughout Europe and the US with customers such as Currys, John Lewis and Best Buy. We are a passionate team of 25 people based in London, SE1, with plans to expand the business globally. Growing at a rate of 300% we are set to become one of the fastest growing UK technology companies.
You will be expected to fulfil a range of varied responsibilities. These include:
Liaising with service providers and suppliers, i.e. IT, building managers, office equipment suppliers and utility companies. Being the first point of contact for all visitors and answering the office telephone. Ensuring management of facilities in the office to maintain an enjoyable and smooth working environment i.e. keeping the kitchen stocked up of the office comforts, organising birthday cakes and cards for the team and keeping the office clutter free and presentable. An aspect of the role will involve maintaining H&S and fire safety procedures. There will also be the opportunity to lead and manage an office move along with assisting on company events.
Assisting the Finance Director with bookkeeping and expenses, uploading receipts, inputting PO’s to Xero and assisting with the bank reconciliation of invoices.
Assisting with recruitment, shortlisting CV’s, pre-screening candidates, organising interviews, managing and maintaining job boards and assisting with adhoc HR admin tasks. Supporting and maintaining wellbeing programmes and employee wellness.
- Management Support / Team Administration
Proactive assistance in managing the Directors diaries and shared team calendars, meeting booking and preparation, organising local and international travel including visas, admin support and updating of records.
The Smarter team operate as a supportive family unit, which is a big selling point for this exciting role and as such the personal qualities you will bring are –
- A warm and friendly nature, keen to help
- An extremely meticulous approach, enjoying detail driven work
- Being highly organised with your own workload, plus reminding others of their deadlines
- An enjoyment of projects and working autonomously
- A genuine concern for others, always looking for ways to support the team
- Able to focus in a heads down, hardworking culture
Ideally, you will bring with you experience and enjoyment of working in start-up or small businesses. This is an excellent opportunity to add value to an energetic and initiative company and to support a small team of highly driven individuals.