This job isn’t for everyone, or just anyone. The pace is fast, expectations are high and resources are always constrained. Trying to build the future is never easy. The old adage of ‘what got us here, won’t get us there’ is true.
We have two missions: one, provide affordable, distinctive furniture for the home obsessed, and two, use thoughtful and engaging content to start a conversation around the importance of the modern home for wellbeing, creativity and sustainable living.
We are building a beloved brand that’s trying to do the right thing by all of its stakeholders. Engaging content is central to this strategy. You’ll be managing multiple work streams including concept creation, copywriting, content publishing and site merchandising. You’ll be conceptualising new above-the-line marketing campaigns, creating product launch content, writing email campaigns, blog articles and PR stories, as well as ensuring the site is optimised for conversion and SEO. You’ll work across a range of channels including magazines, newspapers, outdoor, CRM, social and the website.
You’ll need to take ownership and be proactively testing new ideas, improving our processes, optimising productivity and convincing people to come along for the ride even when it’s difficult. You’ll persuade, nag, cajole and generally do what is needed to drive meaningful change in our business.
You’ll see things that need addressing and you'll experience constraints that you'll find restrictive, but you'll fight hard to get things changed for the better. Do it smiling (most of the time) and people will love you for it. Eventually.
Working with a lean but capable team of creatives, analysts and operators you'll need to pack a big punch; demands will be super stretching, the pace will be fast and delivery will be critical.
Some weeks you’ll be planning and executing promotional campaigns, other weeks you'll be figuring out how we make our product pages as discoverable as possible. Every day will be different, from blue sky thinking to the nitty gritty. Creative to deeply analytical.
You’ll work with fantastic colleagues, have many adventures and learn more about running a business, embedding a culture and changing an industry than you thought was possible.
You will report to the Head of Content and work closely with a highly engaged senior management team.
What we are looking for
- You’re a top notch copywriter.
- You’re able to self publish your content across a variety of digital platforms (we use Magento, Wordpress, Sprout, Ometria and GA).
- You’re obsessed with detail and have excellent proofreading skills.
- Good knowledge of SEO best practices.
- A whizz with spreadsheets (Excel or Google).
- You’re ambitious, you want to create something remarkable.
- You’re passionate about experimentation and curious about new mediums.
- You’re versatile, flexible and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty.
- You see problems, take responsibility and drive meaningful change.
- You’re focused on results. (we’re not fans of micro-management)
- You get things done in a way that takes people with you.
- You have a genuine interest in this category and a keen eye for what’s desirable.
- You have a passion for finding new and better ways to do things.
The things you’ll be on the hook for
- Building web pages for new product launches and product categories.
- Creating campaign concepts with a graphic designer as part of a creative team.
- Optimising our website ensuring SEO best practice.
- Writing copy and nominating products for weekly emails to our customer base.
- Writing copy for our Social, PR and blog platforms.
- Championing the Swoon brand look and feel across the business.
- Measuring and optimising performance, and reporting results and recommendations to the senior management team.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Pension scheme.
- Private medical cover.
- Your birthday off.
- 25 days holiday which increases with tenure.
- Friends & family discount.
Which brands do you love and why?
How do you think ecommerce will evolve over the next few years and what will it mean for brands?
Why do you want to work for Swoon?
What are your salary expectations?
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and answers to the above questions to email@example.com. Please note, applications sent without answers will not be considered.