About Rex London
Starting life on a Portobello market stall, Rex London is a Queen’s Award for Enterprise winner and a front runner in British design-led giftware. The company designs and sells a wide range of original gifts to the UK, European, Australian and Asian markets, via its network of stockists. The company also sells its products directly to the public through its retail website www.rexlondon.com.
The company embarked on a rebranding project in 2018 and as it continues to build their brand identity, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Designer to join the Marketing team, based in their London office.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing the brand visual identity, and designing and producing all visual content across digital and offline marketing channels with the aim of making the brand shine.
What you'll be doing:
As a member of the Marketing and Brand Team, you will be responsible for designing the visual brand identity and producing all visual content across digital and offline marketing channels. Your goals will be to create unique artwork that reflects our brand at each customer touchpoints. You will also be expected to manage your own workload and at times act as the creative lead and brand guardian.
Marketing materials production
You will have the opportunity to create engaging and consistent assets for multi-channel marketing campaigns, and work across a variety of design projects including (but not exhaustive):
- assets and designs for responsive websites
- newsletters and emails
- social media (still and motion assets)
- animated banner ads
- print advertising formats (magazine, OOH)
- flyers, brochures
- exhibition displays
- corporate communication materials
You will create and work within brand guidelines, stretch them and make sure they’re implemented.
- Produce creative guideline documentation
- Translate design rules across assets and lead the creation of templated solutions for advertising assets (such as website, email, display banners, social media assets).
- Ensure all creative and content produced is on brand, useable and meets best practice standards
- Conduct ongoing analysis of competitor activity (both onsite and across digital marketing channels), keep up-to-date on the latest design trends and share your interest with the wider team.
- Manage the workflow of design projects to deliver to deadline
- Coach, develop and provide feedback to the Website Content Admin when and as needed
- Provide guidance in executing design best practice, UX/UI design, industry developments, new programs and ways of working to cross-functional teams
What you'll need:
- A quality portfolio that showcases a strong selection of responsive (mobile/tablet/desktop) landing pages, email campaigns, social banners, site design
- Superb typography and layout work on printed media
- Outstanding creative and graphic design skills with solid experience in brand identity development and implementation
- Proven experience within e-commerce and retail environment, with substantial experience in responsive design
- Good understanding of cross-browser and email compatibility, SEO, accessibility and usability design for the web
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS with working experience of HTML email production
- Solid technical understanding of the print production process
- Excellent image retouching and creation skills
- Experience of using a CMS to upload and manage content
- Experience using audio/video editing software (like Adobe Audition and Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Interest and/or experience in art direction (photoshoots/film)
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Creative and able to bring original and creative ideas to life
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail, a passion for excellent design, and the ability to produce ideas and designs to a high standard
- Versatile, with a strong experience in designing content across a variety of channels
- Commercially aware. You understand the business needs of a retailer and know how to get the message through to our customers with style
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You are confident interrogating a brief, presenting and explaining ideas and able to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Open to feedback. You are used to taking feedback as well as giving feedback constructively to ensure colleagues are inspired and engaged
- Proactive, able to use initiative and work successfully without supervision, but also able to take and follow direction from others
- Autonomous approach to work with the ability to prioritise and self manage your assigned briefs, and deliver to short deadlines.
- Able to work alongside, assist and coach others when necessary
What we offer:
- Permanent full-time role
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus (based on performance)
- Generous staff discount on products
- Pension contribution
If you are passionate about branding and visual communications for marketing and advertising, feel you have the above skill set and think this is the ideal role for you, please email us your portfolio (link, pdf), your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.