Who are we?
Founded in 2015, Everledger is an independent technology company helping businesses surface and converge asset information, using a symphony of secure technologies, including blockchain, artificial intelligence, intelligent labelling and Internet of Things. Our purpose is to contribute greater clarity and confidence in marketplaces where transparency matters most.
We digitally streamline our clients’ compliance processes, to help them demonstrate the lifetime story of an asset with greater efficiency and accuracy. As technology partners, we also support in powering resilience and sustainability. With information out in the open, we believe the value of many industries – from diamonds, to fine wines, to e-recycling – will be shared by all stakeholders throughout the value chain.
By working with Everledger, stakeholders such as producers, manufacturers, certification houses and retailers can further evidence the origin, ownership and characteristics of their assets to increasingly more conscientious consumers. And consumers can have access to all this information on any device, from desktops to smartphones. Our London office is based out of a co-working space in the heart of Clerkenwell, near Farringdon Station.
Job title: IoT Solutions Hardware Engineer
IoT Solutions Hardware Engineer Responsibilities
- Ability to research key concepts and technologies to support the development approach
- Ability to design customer solutions in accordance with clearly defined standards whilst building and maintaining Everledger IP
- Ability to create, connect, access and analyse data from connected devices across multiple platforms and determine appropriate development approach
- Have a clear understanding of Security concepts and standards including common Cryptography, PKI, SHA Crypto Algorithms and key contactless smart card and RFID standard protocols such as ISO14443A/B, ISO15693, EPC etc.
- Provide technical architecture insight into the development of secure, scalable software components from both an application, web and firmware perspective
- Provide input to assist with evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services related to IoT technologies
- Design, implementation and optimization of a wide range of wireless technologies and assist in evaluation and selection of new systems.
- Design, system tuning, optimization, interference measurement/tracking and general troubleshooting of RF and traditional Barcode/Automatic Data Capture, QR/Datamatrix.
- An understanding of and use of RF and network test equipment to measure and evaluate component and system performance in laboratory and field testing.
- Create well organized instructions for Field Engineers to implement engineering requirements including the configuration of RFID and Contactless Smart Card / Tag readers and tuning
- An understanding of regional license frequencies as required and ensure regulatory compliance.