Job Title: VP of Engineering
Reporting to: CTO
Starting Salary: DOE + great benefits including share options, private medical insurance, free breakfasts and many more!
Location: London Bridge
As the VP of Engineering you will enable the CTO to think about the future while you take care of the present. You will be working alongside some of the best talent and cutting-edge technology within the IoT world with the ability to maintain the existing Smarter platform and will be required to strategically plan and lead new product implementations and it’s services.
You will be the sort of person that thrives in making sure that schedules and new developments are on track and delivered on time and on budget. As the primary interface between engineering and the product management team you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the product and maintenance and you will be able to manage up as well as down.
The engineering team will look to you for day-to-day guidance and resolution of engineering issues so you need to be an expert engineer not just a manager. You will ensure everyone in the engineering team is successful by fixing the issues that are getting in the way of success, foster innovation and empower the engineering team to think big. You will continue the established culture of a trusting and safe environment of "Low Pressure / High Performance" where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
You will join our London office and work in a highly dynamic group, reporting directly to the CTO.
You will be responsible for the hire selection process of any new and required recruits to build upon the existing in-house software development teams working in close collaboration with the HR department to source the best talent.
We are a small team of highly motivated, ambitious minds, working on something big!
We are driven to build new technology that empowers future generations to live
Smarter. We are British, Award Winning Connected Home company with a product
range that connects kitchen appliances to the internet. We design, build and distribute
our product range throughout Europe and the US with high profile partners such as
Electrolux, Currys, John Lewis and Best Buy. Growing at a rapid rate, we are set to
become one of the fastest growing UK connected IOT companies. This all forms part of
our bigger picture to build a platform that changes the way we shop and consume food.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Give technical direction and management for all product development and engineering
- Investigate various technical issues that may arise with the products and lead finding solutions and problem solving
- Collaborate alongside the CTO to manage product development
- Develop preventative measures to stop reoccurring problems (Risk assessments)
- Work with and oversee technicians in developing engineering designs
- Keep good working relationships with manufacturing and engineers in Asia
- Implement and monitor best practices within the development team
- Have a willingness to provide technical input for C-level colleagues and join external client meetings.
- Have overall responsibility for the management of software and hardware projects and the development team
- Be responsible for sprints, schedules and planning
- Be hands on with other engineers to support the development team on a day to day basis
- Be responsible for recruiting within the development team
Experience with connected hardware is essential with a strong background in leading emerging technology teams.
Must have requirements
- Expert knowledge of Cloud computing and full end-to-end stack technologies.
- Developed a product or service through to the point of production
- Scaled teams to release successful greenfield implementations
- Strong technical understanding of IoT based products/ services infrastructures, architecture and implementation.
- Experience in working at a crazy, fun, fast paced tech start-up is desirable.
- Ambitious with passion and a ton of energy
Due to the number of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.