90% of users buying and selling phones in peer-to-peer marketplaces have been scammed or have been approached by a scammer. Using machine learning and a network of verifiers at vendi we are solving this massive problem. We want more people to reuse devices between themselves, safely.
We are on a mission to make peer-to-peer mainstream by making it safe and hassle-free. There are too many scammers out there, so we setup vendi to stop them! We use AI to help seller list an item and describe it automatically and we protect buyers by blocking the payment until the product is verified by our authentication network.
If you are ambitious, want to be part of a future unicorn, and want to experience fast growth, continue reading.
About the role:
We are looking for a marketing / growth manager to start with us and contribute to the fast growth of the company, with the ambition to become the Chief Marketing Officer. vendi is currently headquartered in central London where the UK team is based, although working remotely for now. vendi has built a verification network of shops to verify the products and needs support to expand the brand, test new marketing channels, and improve the marketing plan.
You will work directly with the founders of the company and the rest of the team in London but also have access and connect with the team in India. The company is starting to experience strong growth so it is a great opportunity to grow and build your professional skills in a quick changing environment.
The role is full time includes cash and equity.
- You lead the marketing team owning email marketing, paid ads (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Taboola…), social media strategy, and communication (hands on is a must)
- Provide a holistic view to the rest of the founders making sure the inbound and outbound data / communication is synced
- Channel test and build a learning funnel based on results
- Running our marketing campaigns and developing our inbound engine
- Creating scalable ways to attract individual sellers, as well as resellers
- Developing and executing our go-to-market strategy
- Running experiments and tests to find outcomes that work lowering CAC, increasing LTV/CAC above 1, and retention rates
- Ability to understand user personas and target the right content to the right user
- Build (hands on) KPI dashboards used to show how the different channels are performing: from top of the funnel to transaction
Who are we looking for:
- You're highly analytical and hypothesis-driven. You can create experiments that drive learnings and outcomes quickly
- You're data-driven and outcomes-focused. You can track, interpret, evaluate outcomes to show impact
- You have a track record of showing initiative, finding ways to get things done when ambiguity is high
- Ability to assess the strengths and weaknesses of other team members and higher for future growth
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous, early stage start-up environment.
- You have 3+ years of cross-functional experience in growth areas
- Proven record of growth in digital channels
- (Bonus) Has access to contacts in different peer-to-peer marketplaces: Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree, Shpock…and/or e-commerce platforms like Amazon, eBay
- (Bonus) Industry knowledge – Phone buying or reselling
Start-up competitive and option to get equity!