Commercial and Data Protection Lawyer
We’re looking for an exceptional, quality-driven and energetic Commercial and Data Protection Lawyer to join our growing team.
At The Law Boutique, we’re on a mission to be the world’s first challenger law firm. We’re disrupting the status quo by offering legal services that are suited to the 21st century. By taking a holistic, customer-first approach, we deliver what really matters to people - high quality, transparent and pragmatic commercial support and sustainable, long-term solutions.
Since The Law Boutique was founded in 2017, we’ve provided support to some of the most prominent UK scale-ups, including Monzo, Curve, Tide and Babylon Health.
The successful candidate can expect to work with customers like these, providing commercial contracts and data protection support. You can also expect to get involved in the design and implementation of tech-enabled legal operations.
We’re a small, tight-knit, fun but hard-working team that is passionate about what we do. We encourage flexible working and employ a non-hierarchical, open and transparent culture.
Our approach (in a nutshell)
Customer first, human-centric approach.
High quality, professional in everything we do and say.
Agile, efficient, commercial - no ‘over-lawyering’
Inquisitive, curious, we’re not afraid to ask
Open, transparent and clear
- Review, negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts
- Leading the negotiation of key vendor agreements, including liaising with relevant business stakeholders
- Assisting to build (where applicable) and manage commercial contracts databases
- Advising on and responding to questions on the GDPR, the DPA 2018 and PECR
- Assisting in the delivery of end-to-end GDPR compliance projects
- Reviewing, amending and drafting company policies for compliance with data protection legislation
- Preparing records of processing, LIAs, PIAs and DPIAs
- Project management experience would be great but not essential
- 5+ PQE lawyer with at least 2 years working experience in the UK (UK or non-UK qualified)
- Right to work in the UK
- Both private practice in-house experience, preferably in a start-up, fintech, tech, or e-commerce in-house environment
- Significant data protection experience and commercial contracts experience
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Confidence to deal with stakeholders of different seniority
- Excellent organisational skills, with a proven ability to juggle and prioritise a large number of competing matters
- Most importantly, you’ll be a self-starter with bags of enthusiasm, an empathetic, human attitude and a great sense of humour!
- Unlimited holiday
- Cool offices in Old Street
- Perkbox subscription
- Employee pension
- Pupternity leave (if you get a puppy)
How to apply
If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you! Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short paragraph on where you see the future of law and we'll be in touch