Senior Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Developer | London | £65,000 - £80,000
Stay Nimble is a fast-growing, social enterprise start-up building a unique digital career coaching platform to support millions through career change and to find their purpose in the new world of work. The platform guides people through a journey profiling their strengths, using an algorithmic approach to suggest well-matched career options and directing them to access best-in-class learning and career coaching resources tailored for their needs.
About The Role
As an engineer at Stay Nimble:
- Build amazing user experiences with a small dedicated team. Work with the CTO, product director, designer and existing full stack developer, taking ideas from discovery through user testing to production.
- Building APIs in our Kotlin backend
- Building delightful user experiences in our React JS front end
- Evaluate the (business and technical) performance of delivered features in production
- Help us improve our process, tooling and work environment by participating in retrospectives
From an engineering perspective we value…
- A pragmatic balance of speed and quality, we believe that high quality tested code allows us to experiment faster.
- Using XP techniques like: TDD, Pair Programming, CI, Simple Design and Sustainable Pace to embed quality into our product
At Stay Nimble, we do things differently to many businesses. We have always been a fully remote company, allowing you to do your best work where you want. To take advantage of this we’re looking for good communicators who can self organise and are comfortable working in an asynchronous way.
The Stay Nimble Tech Stack:
- Kotlin REST API (Don’t know Kotlin? We can teach.)
- Spring Boot 2.X Framework
- MySql / Redis
- React JS
- Bootstrap 4 (SASS)
- Node Package Manager
- Google Tag Manager
- AWS Infrastructure - ECS Fargate, SQS, SES, VPC
We’re looking for a full stack engineer with experience working on the JVM and in developing React JS applications.
- Experience developing on the JVM preferably using Spring Boot 2
- If you don’t know kotlin but have used other JVM languages we can teach
- Experience building React JS applications
- Good working knowledge of HTML / Bootstrap 4 and building responsive web applications
- Hands on experience with a range testing techniques and tooling across the stack (Our testing stack - Jasmine, Puppeteer, JUnit, Mockito, AssertJ, AATT)
- Strong planning and communication skills.
- EG - work with others to formulate a plan, communicate it together with an analysis of strengths, weaknesses and risks.
- EG - independently communicate with external stakeholders (business or technical) to support the development of new features
- Competitive Salary + Stock / EMI Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Macbook Pro and generous equipment budget to get your perfect setup
- Work where you think best with fully remote, flexible working
- Enjoy the time-off you need with a generous holiday package of 25 days + Bank Holidays + Christmas Office Closure
- In person meetups twice per year to deep dive into company roadmap and strategy
About Stay Nimble
Launching in 2018, we’ve made a great start building an exciting product which we offer to individuals looking for career coaching, to organisations supporting their employees and to public sector organisations helping their residents. We’re growing quickly with an exciting set of unique, new features to build and we’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the team.
At Stay Nimble, you’ll also be joining an organisation with a strong social purpose as a UK-certified social enterprise. We’re ambitious to help millions from all backgrounds on their career journeys helping people build resilience, confidence and new skills in the face of rapid changes to local labour markets. We’re driven by reducing unemployment, supporting the 4m in in-work poverty, helping the 40% of us who hate their job, and the millions of us who do not know where to turn for information on changing jobs. Joining Stay Nimble, you’ll be joining us on this journey!
We follow the principles of the Blueprint for Better Business, convinced that business should respect people and be always contributing to a better society. We put trust and mutual respect for each other at the heart of the business, creating a working environment that helps people thrive.