We are Pluvo, an ambitious start-up on a mission to tackle the deadly urban air pollution present in city streets across the world. According to the World Health Organization outdoor air pollution is now responsible for an estimated 4.2 million premature deaths a year globally. At Pluvo we design and supply innovative street structures that monitor and actively clean the air around them, while paying for themselves through responsible advertising. We are currently developing our first commercial product. We aim to materially improve the air people breathe in cities worldwide.
Pluvo is looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join the core Pluvo team with a focus on business development, marketing, and outreach in order to bring our first Pluvo units to the streets of London. This is an opportunity to work on diverse and exciting aspects of the business in order to help grow Pluvo both nationally and internationally.
The ideal candidate will have a strong skillset in developing relationships, identifying and implementing appropriate routes to market, proven capability in meeting sales/revenue targets and demonstrated responsibility for core project delivery. The role will require the candidate to work closely with public and private landowners, local and national government, corporate sponsors and air quality advocates.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking on project management responsibilities to help ensure timely achievement of key milestones for both internal and external (e.g. grants, trials, commercial contracts) while managing project risks
- Building Pluvo’s marketing presence including associated materials, social media presence, and marketing/communications strategy.
- Developing a robust rollout pipeline through identifying, approaching, and building relationships with target customers and partners (likely to include local councils, private landowners, transport operators, national government, and air quality advocacy groups).
- Working with key partners to identify key site/customer criteria and rollout timeframes, turning sales traction into managed unit installations.
- Developing Pluvo’s expansion strategy, including using market analysis and existing relationships to determine optimal rollout locations and pricing strategies, both in the UK and globally.
- Taking responsibility for other key related internal projects, which may include submission for grant funding and managing launch events/press engagements.
- Maintaining working knowledge of funding, political, and competitor developments in this sector.