We are seeking a Lead API Developer will play a pivotal role in the growth of the organisation and assisting the CTO with the development strategy in order to meet the needs of the business. You will be firmly hands-on, spending the majority of your time developing applications. You will be an ambassador for SOA and will ensure applications are delivered to SOA principles. You will be excited to work in a high-growth organisation and you will thrive when priorities are changeable and timelines are short.
Outside of this, you will contribute to architectural and POC initiatives with the objective of delivering the highest quality experience to our customers. You will be comfortable challenging the status quo and articulating the benefits of change. You will be a mentor to developers and coach them in delivering high quality applications and to keep abreast of technology advances.
We have a fantastic office in Manchester City Centre and offer flexible working hours
UK based *REMOTE WORKING WILL BE CONSIDERED*
- The ability to lead the API team and work alongside the rest of the technology team in tandem.
- Project planning, keep track of progress alongside project managers.
- Define development standards and ensure they are upheld. Evolve this process and ensure people work to standards.
- Report project status to key stakeholders
- Delegate development work accordingly throughout the team, taking a step back from coding but diving in where necessary
- Release management; ensure code is checked and to standard before release. Provide release notes and distribute to CTO and other relevant stakeholders
- Deployment, manage roll back procedures and oversee deployment
- Recruitment of developers into each of the teams
- Must have experience working within Healthcare or equivalent
- Expert knowledge and likely 5+ years’ experience of delivering high-volume .Net (C# and/or VB.Net but ideally both) applications for a commercial organisation, preferably consumer facing, in a senior or leadership position.
- Expert knowledge of Webforms, MVC and delivering high quality, secure web applications
- Expert knowledge of WCF and WebAPI and demonstrable experience of delivering secure REST based API’s ideally for IOS and Android
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, preferably 2012 including stored procedures, functions, triggers
- Knowledge of Entity Framework, LINQ, Membership and Identity
- Good knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5 and responsive web design and ideally AngularJS
- Ideally you will have some exposure to SignalR
- Test driven development and ideally automated testing experience
- Experience of working with Continuous Delivery using Visual Studio Team Services or similar
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
- Experience of working with CMS systems
- Knowledge of Azure (webroles, worker roles etc)
Push Doctor is a multi-award-winning digital health company that enables you to have a video consultation with a GP within 6 minutes on any device. We’re growing at a phenomenal pace and we’re looking for amazing people to join us on our game-changing adventure to make millions of people healthier and happier.
You will be firmly hands-on with most of your time working with designers, developers and testers to deliver high quality scalable applications to support product delivery. You will be excited to work in a high-growth organisation, eager to rise to the challenge.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.
- Competitive Salary
- In house gym
- Free snacks / food / drinks / fruit in the office
- Flexible working
- Life Insurance