Retina is a global advertising, marketing, communications and technology services company providing expertise to global Fortune 500 clients in the areas of strategy, creative and content, and go-to-market/media. We’re seeking a brilliant, dynamic digital/user experience strategist to help grow and coordinate our digital design and web and mobile development capabilities.
This person is an excellent facilitator, master prioritiser and highly proactive problem solver. Someone who has strategic, business and diplomatic acumen, and a ridiculously strong eye for detail. Someone who thrives on big challenges and responds with big creative solutions – and user experiences that engage, excite and compel action.
The digital/UX strategist should have experience developing strategy for, producing and project managing websites, microsites, landing pages, and digital experiences – from gathering project requirements through user journeys and wireframing, to planning, design, production and QA. Digital advertising and mobile app experience would be huge pluses as well.
- Run project meetings and facilitate workshops to provide and extract valuable insights that will contribute to a project’s concept, strategy and architecture rationale
- Conduct and lead research initiatives on the project and its influencing factors e.g. competitors, infrastructure, market, etc. Once complete, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on this information to outline solutions
- Ascertain and analyse all the relevant business and user considerations: produce user personas, user journeys/flows and engagement maps, use case diagrams and scenario mapping diagrams, goal identification, etc.
- Define the structure and content strategy for a digital experience relying on a wide range of information architecture techniques, including but not limited to system flow diagrams, taxonomy, SEO analysis, nomenclature, site mapping, content mapping and personalisation (dynamic content) techniques
- Produce wireframes and prototypes to visualise page structure
- Present and discuss complex solutions (and the resulting deliverables) to a highly professional standard in both oral and written forms.
- Assist in the creation of proposals/scopes of work, pitches and other business-related materials
- Work with design and development teams to implement polished, interactive designs that look, feel and function as intended
- Help determine and write project requirements and scopes of work
- Ensure projects meet expectations of creative brief – and that quality and strategic objectives are met
- Own, defend and evangelize the agency’s digital process
- Build relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to be an ambassador and steward of both
- Monitor and manage workflows, resources, scheduling, budgets and tracking, as well as development of project plans
- Lead workshop sessions for each stage of the Information Architecture process
- Conduct audits, research and analysis to provide insight and define solutions.
- Review and synthesize website data and analytics
- Plan, define and create strategies for an overall project solution
- Develop user focused materials such as personas, goals, user flow/journey diagrams
- Map and visualise complex information systems and how users interaction with them.
- Create and rationalise information structures and content plans
- Create sitemaps and navigation systems that align to user flows and content strategies.
- Plan and build wireframes that demonstrate the site, page and content hierarchy.
- Minimum 3-5 years of design experience in agency, in-house or journalistic setting, online and traditional
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office/Apple software (Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel) and wireframing software (Figma, InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.)
- University degree (undergraduate level) in communications, design or another creatively or culturally interesting field and/or completion of an ad/design school program
- Experience working in B2B or business marketing in complex categories a plus
- Multi-hyphenate skill set: Digital-traditional-social, Advertising-marketing-content, Long-form and short-form content, Left-brain-right-brain-creative-strategic
- A well-rounded portfolio that reflects innovative work for a variety of industries
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for editing and pinpoint attention to detail
- Consistently meets deadlines and has the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with a team