Who are we?
Pixalate helps Digital Advertising ecosystem become a safer and more trustworthy place to transact in, by providing intelligence on “bad actors” using our world class data. Our products provide benchmarks, analytics, research and threat intelligence solutions to the global media industry. We make this happen by processing terabytes of data and trillions of data points a day across desktop, mobile, tablets, connected-tv that are generated using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence based models.
We are the World’s #1 decision making platform for Digital Advertising. And don’t just take our word for it -- Forrester Research consistently depends on our monthly indexes to make industry predictions. We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join our London team.
What does the media have to say about us?
How is it working at Pixalate?
- We believe in Small teams that produce high output
- Slack is a way of life, short emails are encouraged
- Fearless attitude holds high esteem
- Bold ideas are worshipped
- Chess players do really well
- Titles don’t mean much, you attain respect by producing results
- Everyone’s a data addict and an analytical thinker (you won’t survive if you run away from details)
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
What will you do?
- Support existing processes running in production
- Design, develop, and support of various big data solutions at scale (hundreds of Billions of transactions a day)
- Find smart, fault tolerant, self-healing, cost efficient solutions to extremely hard data problems
- Take ownership of the various big data solutions, troubleshoot issues, and provide production support
- Conduct research on new technologies that can improve current processes
- Contribute to publications of case studies and white papers delivering cutting edge research in the ad fraud, security and measurement space
What are the minimum requirements for this role?
- Bachelors, Masters or Phd in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related technical field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a software or data engineering role
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Extremely analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency in Java
- Very strong knowledge of SQL and ability to implement advanced queries to extract information from very large datasets
- Experience in working with very large datasets using big data technologies such as Spark, BigQuery, Hive, Hadoop, Redshift, etc
- Ability to design, develop and deploy end-to-end data pipelines that meet business requirements.
- Strong experience in AWS and Google Cloud platforms is a big plus
- Deep understanding of computer science concepts such as data structures, algorithms, and algorithmic complexity
- Deep understanding of statistics and machine learning algorithms foundations is a huge plus
- Experience with Machine Learning big data technologies such as R, Spark ML, H2O, Mahout etc is a plus
What do we have to offer?
This position is based in London. We focus on doing things differently and we challenge each other to be the best we can be. We offer:
- Experienced leadership and founding team
- Casual environment
- Flexible hours
- High performing team who wants to win and have fun doing it
- Extremely Competitive Compensation
- OPPORTUNITY (Pixalate will be what you make it)