Are you looking to join a talented, diverse team, focused on a life-changing mission, at one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech startups? If yes, then you are in the right place!
We’re one of the UK’s leading tech companies and have joined FutureFifty 8.0 and named as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2020
At Elder, our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We are a close-knit group on a mission to fundamentally change what it means to grow old.
That starts by helping people live a healthier and happier life in their own home, with the support of a full-time live-in carer. Our unique matching technology pairs those in need with their ideal carer, based on individual requirements and personality.
But to join our team, what is it that really matters to us? Well, it matters that you’re unique. It matters that you’re great at what you do, that you put in the hard work. And, obviously, it matters you care as much as we do.
About the role
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a proactive and customer centred Care Manager to join our fast-growing and driven team.
Working in a role where individuals’ care needs differ, you will be setting goals with the customer and their carer to ensure that care is customer centred. You will be responsible for delivering and promoting the highest quality of care for a defined group of clients, taking accountability for the clinical oversight of clients, carers and care packages.
This is a great chance to join a fast-growing company who can offer the opportunity for professional and personal development.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Review of and sign off of care appraisal prior to new accounts going live to ensure that there are no red flags and the carers are set up for success
- Work collaboratively with our Customer Success team to provide clinical support and feedback as appropriate, signposting to additional support or services as necessary
- Clinical expert and support for our public sector partnerships team as point of contact for local authorities, NHS trusts and CCGs to assist with the discharge planning process
- To liaise and work on joint goals with multidisciplinary team and carers, providing up to date goals and feedback to maximise independence in the customers’ home with the live-in carer
- To be responsible for and manage a caseload, ensuring casework is carried out in an appropriate and timely manner with customers who have a range of complex needs
- To implement goal-orientated care plans in order to be able to apply long term care under the Care Act 2014
- To identify possible safeguarding enquiries and ensure accidents and complaints are reported, recorded and escalated in accordance with Elder policy and with regulatory bodies
- To prioritise factors involved in the customers’ current condition based on knowledge of professional opinion, a customers’ prognosis and other physical, social, emotional and mental health considerations
- To successfully manage, monitor, evaluate and review interventions and clinical risks within a multidisciplinary framework
- Record and maintain concise and accurate records of assessments and other contacts with customers, carers and other professionals in accordance with Elders IT databases
- Work in partnership with voluntary and statutory agencies ensuring that our customers have all the relevant information and support services
- Work with internal teams to develop regulatory and legislative compliant technology, policy, process and procedure ahead of future registration with the CQC
- Experience of at least NVQ Level 3 or above, plus knowledge of specific elderly patient conditions in a social care setting
- Good knowledge of governance and regulatory processes
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Have a customer-centred practice for positive outcomes
- Experience with safeguarding, protection and risk management
- Able to escalate issues to relevant authorities and maintain the safety of customers’ living in their own homes
- Have the knowledge and skills required to apply risk assessments, and assist carers to train, for the safe moving and handling people in community environments
- Able to independently screen and assess referrals from a variety of sources
- Access to own vehicle/willingness to travel for support visits or observations as necessary
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series A & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Plenty of socials and team lunches
- Amazing office in the heart of the tech scene in Old Street
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business.
Elderly care represents one of society’s greatest challenges. Are you ready to be part of the solution? Apply today.
Elder recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.