**RECRUITERS ONLY SEND CVs IF YOU'RE WILLING TO AGREE TO £4K FIXED PRICE RECRUITMENT FEE.**
Fullstack Engineer for Hack Partners (£45,000 - £60,000 per annum)
We are a hybrid tech consulting company focused on driving forward innovation in overlooked high barriers industries like rail and infrastructure. Our flagship movement, the HackTrain has completely changed how innovation is carried out in rail, to date we have worked with every single major transport operator in the UK and are supported by the likes of the Department for Transport and Network Rail, two of the industry’s most important organisations.
Our goal is to build a global technology and consultancy business that helps the transport industry utilise data more efficiently to improve operational performance that ultimately benefits passengers.
Are you the one who can change the transport industry forever?
You will be at the heart of a truly unique movement that will have a massive impact within the UK economy.
To achieve this, you must be comfortable with user-centred design, rapid product prototyping, machine learning, data processing and systems integration. As a senior figure in the organisation you will be expected to lead by example, mentoring and guiding both internal teams and clients alike. You will most likely be an accomplished developer with proven delivery and technology leadership experience retaining a passion for hands-on development, but looking to broaden your role and take on a new challenge.
Here are some examples of what you will be doing:
- Write and test code. Work with the team to refine and rewrite it as necessary
- Work closely with an Agile team of project managers, UI/UX designers, engineers and systems analysts to build rapidly build and deploy technology that will be used by rail professionals and passengers
- Continually update your own technical knowledge and skills based on project requirements
Skills and experience desired:
- Able to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and identify and learn new skills as they are required
- Experience with VueJS, React (strong in either one and some experience in the other)
- Experience with Python 3 and SQL
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers such as GCP, AWS or Azure. A big plus is familiarity with GCP and data pipelines including: Cloud Functions, PubSub, Datastore, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Compute Engine instances and Firebase services
- Basic knowledge of hardware, along with software integration aspects of a project
- Any knowledge of embedded linux, or experienced using desktop linux via terminal
- Tensorflow/Kafe and GPU acceleration
- SOAP APIs, STOMP protocol, NodeJS and Typescript
- IoT and audio/video processing
- Embedded C/C++ experience
What do you get?
- The opportunity to fundamentally change and improve the transport industry.
- The opportunity to engage with and work alongside our young innovators, key stakeholders in the transport and infrastructure industry.
- Opportunity to be a leader within an established startup with a strong brand.
About Hack Partners Culture
We’re an incredibly diverse group of people with backgrounds in technology, startup investment, and events. We love what we do and also who we do it with. The team has a strong camaraderie with each other recognising that to achieve our vision we have to move forward together, not alone.
If we were to take the best traits of all of us and match them with what our culture is then we’d have to say:
We’re a team that makes the impossible possible.
When we first started the company, nobody thought we’d be able to take a monolithic entity like the rail industry and get it to finally start investing in digital technology. After all, we were just outsiders who knew nothing about the industry. And that’s why we did it. We don’t flee from a hard fight, we walk towards it.
We’re energetic, transparent, and adaptive.
The work we do is very serious, but there’s no reason we can’t have any fun whilst doing it! Selfies, self-deprecating humour, and spicy food are the norm. We’re not precious about our own ideas and business models, we’ve evolved as an organisation several times over the last few years and are proud of it. This flexibility has kept us alive through pure revenue generation to date and moving forward, will help us grow the business.