Our mission at CyberOwl is to shift organisations towards an active security posture. Our first product, Medulla, is a passive, protective monitoring system for connected industrial systems for early signs of cyber-physical attacks. We have a growing presence in various industrial sectors such as utilities and a heavy presence within maritime. CyberOwl has won several accolades, was shortlisted for the Lloyds Science of Risk Prize, selected into the first GCHQ Cyber Accelerator Programme and is a founding member of the UK Government’s centre of excellence for cybersecurity innovation – the London Office for Rapid Cybersecurity Advancement (LORCA).
As our pioneering marketing manager, you will work closely with the management team to develop strategies to dominate presence in our key markets, increase prospect engagement and drive them toward acquisition of CyberOwl products/services. You will also lead development and execution of tactics to deliver the strategies.
You will join a close-knit, dynamic team consisting of product/domain, sales and project-management experts, who will aid in developing your understanding of our markets and expertise. This position is ideal for an individual that enjoys translating business objectives into marketing strategy by working closely with management teams, and then distilling this strategy into short-term projects and actions.
You will probably not enjoy our working environment if you prefer not to get into the details, avoid challenges or prefer working in a silo rather than collaboratively. You will also struggle to fit in if you’re an overthinker and underdoer.
CyberOwl are widely recognised as market innovators. We have a bias for action and our team pride themselves on their ability to plan, execute and iterate campaigns at a rapid pace. We are also remarkably diverse. 11 nationalities, 12 languages, 1000 dialects (including bogan and brummie) and a couple of owls. We are dotted across the UK, Greece and Singapore. This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive, high-performing team player that is a natural project manager with experience managing and executing on multiple campaign streams simultaneously.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Role: Development, delivery and execution of growing marketing strategies in a fast-moving startup.
- Understanding our target markets – working with our management and business development teams to get to know our customer base, how they think, how they buy and the channels they use for gaining awareness of cyber security trends to learn what strategies and tactics are effective for acquiring customers
- Research and analysis – develop informed points of view on the domain and sector, leaning on subject matter experts within CyberOwl and beyond.
- Product and brand positioning – understand our proposition, roadmap, brand positioning and work with management to design strategies on how best to position this in our target sectors, relative to our competitors.
- Developing marketing campaigns - understanding the business strategy and working with the management team to define appropriate marketing campaigns across the year.
- Measuring and improving - develop and maintain measures around the effectiveness of / return on our marketing strategies and design continuous improvement processes and initiatives.
- Managing the campaigns - designing the campaigns, developing budgets, measuring their effectiveness and making sure the campaigns are delivered on time, to plan, with maximum impact on minimum spend.
- Designing creative “hacks” – developing and executing on appropriate “guerilla marketing” tactics
- Content development and management - work with management to develop a content strategy; drive delivery of a body of customer engagement content, including thought leadership; develop and write copy for all marketing material and content
- Managing digital marketing and social media - includes CyberOwl’s website, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts and search engine optimisation.
- Media and public relations – building relationships with media, conferencing and events organisers to raise awareness and maximise exposure