At Your.MD, we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Five years ago, we brought together doctors, data-scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health app. One where anyone in the world could find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of downloads later, we’re the first app approved as a medical device (class 1), on our way to our goal: helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 80-strong and growing, as we find new ways to bring informed self-care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
Your.MD is now looking for an accomplished mid-to-senior level health writer to join its ambitious team.
This newly-created role will be responsible for writing medically-accurate digital copy for the company’s editorial and marketing channels (blog, health advice library, Android & iOS apps and social media).
This is a full-time in-house role based in London, UK. You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
If you join us, you’ll get to:
● Produce medically-accurate and SEO-friendly editorial content (articles, blogs and general copy) for our app, website and social media channels
● Work closely with our in-house medical team to regularly craft new and informative health articles and condition summary cards
● Dissect medical guidance and information and repurpose into easy to understand copy for a global audience, where English may not be the first language
● Proofread all copy and messaging, ensuring that it adheres to brand and quality guidelines
● Source appropriate imagery to accompany copy and disseminate content in a timely manner on the website and via key social media channels
● Work as part of a dynamic team and carve your own space within a fluid working environment
This is a mid-to-senior level role for a writer with at least 3 years of experience writing for an online health or medical publication. As such, you must have:
● Excellent command of the English language - you should be obsessed with spelling and grammar but you also embrace new ways of using the language
● 3-5 years’ proven experience in a health writer role for an online publication or website
● Advanced degree in English, journalism (including NCTJ qualification), life sciences, or any healthcare-related field
● A good understanding of health/medical concepts and conditions
● Creative versatility to produce a wide range of copy, from UX microcopy to email newsletters, blog posts and corporate messaging
● An understanding of UI/UX and experience working with product designers and developers
● Curiosity fuels your creativity: you enjoy figuring out how/what in your copy works or doesn’t and use that to craft even better messages
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Compensation You’ll receive a competitive salary with monthly contribution to health & wellbeing activity of your choice and stock options.
You will get to work with an ambitious, highly talented and very friendly team in our Central London office.