Gousto are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.
Purpose of the role
To manage areas of responsibility ensuring that business and departmental targets and objectives are continually achieved..
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that health and safety is given a high priority and is considered in all plans, actions and activities. Play a key role in promoting health and safety awareness on site. Drive uptake and completion of near misses by ops as well as managers.
- Work closely with the planning and supply chain team to ensure resources are available to meet order requirements whilst effectively managing costs.
- Lead the continuous improvement agenda in all areas of the manufacturing operation to challenge cost, service (OTIF) and quality standards.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team and understood.
- Work closely with the Engineering department to ensure machinery is effectively maintained and serviced. Work with Eng supervisor to ensure availability of, and training of tech ops in the team.
- Recruit, build and train high performing teams as well as define and monitor budgets, set targets and define clear career progression opportunities for staff within the production area.
- Develop and maintain a quality culture to ensure quality and technical standards are understood and embraced by the operational team.
- Appropriately manage the performance of all team members through the use of performance management systems. Undertake weekly 1-1’s with supervisors.
- Plan, organise and measure labour requirements to ensure agreed targets are met. Control cost of production and overheads
- Maintain absenteeism levels within your department at or below 3%.
- Appraise and regularly review direct report managers to ensure individual and company objectives are achieved.
- Coach and develop your team to ensure business succession plans and individual career aspirations are met.
- Ensure that any documented non-conformances relating to product safety, quality and legality are investigated and corrective action put in place as appropriate and within a week of receipt.
- Play a key role in capital expenditure projects.
- Supporting with the delivery of key departmental KPI’s.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience gained within a similar role in an FMCG environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A confident and forward-thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexibility and problem-solving.
- Budgetary/ financial awareness.
- A high level of computer literacy – in particular, Email, Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Leadership skills, keen to develop, educate and drive change from within.
- Lean competency and or Lean project experience.
- Food Safety Level 3, HACCP and IOSH
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth!
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- Holidays - 21 days of holiday (inc. bank holidays) increasing with the length of service.
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Your first Gousto box FREE
For the full Gousto list of benefits just get in touch and we can share all the details!
Where we’re based:
Sprawled over the fields of Spalding is the Gousto warehouse, where all our boxes start their journeys. Our Spalding site holds the ops team, the logistics team, the food tech team, and even more of our customer care team.
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.