GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid and, in doing so, to allow our customers to focus on what they are best at. We are focused on recurring payments; our vision is to be the best way to collect these payments, globally.
Already, we have a global network of bank debit schemes that - with the recent addition of ACH - cover ~75% of the world’s recurring payment volumes. On top of this network, we’ve built a simple, developer-friendly platform that enables the >50,000 merchants whom we serve to collect payments around the world. Already, we process ~$1B in payment volume every month and this number is growing fast. Last year we opened offices in Paris, Munich and Melbourne, and recently opened San Francisco!
Our strategic partnerships with market-leading platforms such as Zuora, Xero, SalesForce and Chargebee have been critical to our global success and have allowed us to work with a huge range of organisations: energy companies, utility companies, SaaS platforms, even small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle, SiteMinder, DocuSign use us to power their growth; established institutions like The Guardian use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Our HQ is in London, UK and to date, we have raised $142M in capital from some of the world’s leading investors, including Accel Partners, Balderton Capital and Y Combinator. After our most recent fundraising efforts ($75M) from incredible investors such as Google and Salesforce, we are ready to escalate our growth plans.
You’ll be responsible for finding and negotiating new mutually beneficial opportunities, particularly in the enterprise space, to drive our expansion into the UK&I market and beyond.
You will develop and execute against an account plan, build a strong network within the partner, and work with their product and local teams to help us grow and deliver meaningful business for the local sales teams to execute.
You’ll work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to develop a joint go-to-market plan and identify new leads to target. You’ll also build alliances with key system integrators, consultants and other influencers within these partner ecosystems.
As the main local advocate for these new and existing UK&I partners, you’ll provide invaluable feedback to our Product and Operations teams to ensure that we can develop long-lasting and successful partnerships. You will have local relationships with global partners, within the subscription billing space, like Zuora, Chargebee and SalesForce with the goal of growing our revenue, building deeper relationships and leading our expansion with them in UK&I.
This role will be based in London, UK.
What will you be doing? Partner Manager and Partner Development
- Build partnership objectives and goal setting with regional GoCardless internal and partnership executive owners globally
- Drive the relationships necessary to reach mutually beneficial objectives and the cross-functional commitments to achieve them
- Build and execute partner development plan with input from stakeholders
- Encourage and facilitate joint account mapping sessions to help GoCardless sales identify potential prospects and sales cycles where partnering will help the partnership win more business
- Assess the needs of partner sales team and conduct product and sales training and enablement activity as needed
- Perform monthly forecast, manage pipeline, and drive sales revenue plan to meet goals
- Seek new mutually beneficial partnerships to reach new markets in UK&I and qualify new leads to target
What we are looking for;
- You have extensive experience working in strategic partnerships or senior account management, ideally in a B2B tech environment
- You have experience working with Global System Integrators - Accenture, Deloitte, PWC, etc. - developing and executing an SI engagement strategy.
- You have strong relationship management and communication skills. You love networking and can articulate yourself clearly
- You are commercially astute with strong quantitative and analytical skills. You relish digging into data and using feedback from partners to identify growth opportunities
- You are comfortable learning a highly technical product. Whilst you won’t need to code, we will expect you to relish the prospect of learning our Product inside out
- Experience in negotiating partner agreements
- Experience working in a global organisation
- You are open to domestic and international travel and attending events as a GC ambassador
- You are ambitious, driven, high-energy and engaging. You inspire others to work with you
- Ideal: you have experience working with core business software, ideally CRM, Billing or ERP
- Ideal: You have experience working within the payments industry
We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, and our team are from a variety of backgrounds, so if you’re unsure please apply.