Reports to: CEO with dotted line to CFO
We are a fast-growing Belgian restaurant and delivery player. Run by a Business School educated French CEO who has lived many years in Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai. Our stronghold is in Brussels. We are expanding into the UK. We will start operations in a “Dark” strategy. That is to say that we will only be delivering through Deliveroo and Ubereats. Operations will be run out of one and then in several (high end) rented kitchens. In each location we will bring our flagship Dam Sum brand as well as our portfolio of 4/5 virtual brands (Dan Dan noodles, Korean Fried Chicken, Lanzhou lamian etc). We have strong experience on the Delivery market and believe there is a market for very good quality Asian food to replace local takeaway “mum and pop” restaurants; We want to open 6 dark locations in the next 3 years.
Overview of the role:
In this high profile role, you will help coordinate our market entry strategy into the UK. You will help the CEO, Finance Director, Exec Chef and Marketing managers clear all the hurdles for a successful launch. This is a 360 role looking into legal, accounting, locations of kitchens, IT, supply chain and purchasing. This role could evolve after successful market entry into that of UK Business Director alongside and with the UK Head Chef in a co-director approach.
- Project manage the entry into the UK with the CEO/Finance Director.
- Work with Finance Director to gain understanding of catering rules and regulations. Understand this from a legal, accounting and employer law point of view.
- Identify ideal first locations with the marketing team to “set up shop”. Suggest wining financial marketing strategies. Share “know-how” on delivery platforms.
- Help exec chef and head chef to avoid “lost in translation effects”. Set up efficient supply chain and purchasing strategies
- If successful relocate to the UK and run business development operations there from a business/finance/supply/HR point of view whilst the chef focuses on Kitchen operations
- Business School graduate
- Has experience working at or with Deliveroo/Ubereats
- Good at project management
- Influencing skills
- Comfortable with home working
- Living in the UK or are potentially comfortable relocating there
- You speak perfect English. Some Mandarin or Cantonese an advantage